CHAPTER 29.

BECKY POV.

we had decided to prepare a sumptuous Okra soup and semolina.

I prepared the soup with seafood like crab 🦀 ,  , shrimp 🍤 .......dairy products like  chicken 🐔, beef 🍖 ......🐠 tillapia  fish, snail 🐌 . Kperewinko.prawn🦐. And vegetable products okra.

While I was preparing the soup, the whole house was surrounded with the sweet aroma of the soup.

U must be wondering why I can cook very well. I wanted to originally be a chef but lack of funds made me study another course. And am still grateful for where I am.

After I was through with the meal, I helped Betty to set up the dinning table with the right cutlery, water glasses, plates and bowls for watching of hands.

After helping her set up. I rushed upstairs to shower to get rid of the dirt and sweat from cooking. Like cooking is really a lot of work.

After showering I throwed on my v neck nightie and tied my robe around me comfortably.and headed downstairs.

While coming down I heard laughters and chit chatting.... I thought I heard John voice. Maybe he decided to stop for dinner.

Hi John... I greeted when I saw him....

Hi sweetie... He said walking up to me and kissed my cheek....

That's new... John has never done that... Well he's just friendly. Everyone was already seated. I guess they were all waiting for me.

Hi......Jason.. I greeted sitting beside John. While Betty sat beside Jason.

Hi..... How was your day... He asked.

Fine.... I said.....

OK let's all dig in.... Betty said..standing up and serving everyone a portion of the seafood okra soup. She put  1  lap of chicken each on everyone  plates .

Wow.... This looks very appetizing. Even a dead man will rise up to eat this...... Jason said which made everyone laugh.

I didn't know Betty can cook like this.... John said smiling at her.

No... I didn't prepare this... Becky did.... Betty said avoiding my sign to shut up.

Are u serious? John asked smiling at me.

Yes.... My sister is a good cook...... Am an apprentice ....she said smiling.

Are u a chef............. Jason asked staring me straight in the eyes.

No... I said avoiding his eye contact .

We ended our conversations and enjoyed our meal.......  I noticed Jason eyes on me throughout the meal but ignored it and chatted with John instead...

How was this chapter.

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and comment on my story.

Love
Favvy.