Chapter Nine : One Too Many

/P.O.V. Grace/

"Did I not tell you to control your girlfriend?!" Ugh. Loud. Make the loud person go away.

"I'm not objecting, but this is Megan's fault. Not mine this time. Eew I just rhymed" I recognized that voice a little.

"Excuse me? I was telling you that she was awake, but you were too busy flirting to listen!" Another vaguely familiar voice.

"That couldn't be more true! You know Zee is the only one responsible enough to ignore me!"

"That makes it your fault" now I knew that voice.

"Zee is responsible for making me shut up, so shut up with your opinion. It's her fault" I finally recognized that one of the speakers was Libby.

"My opinion is more relevant to this conversation" that voice was none other than Hazel herself. Yaaaay... Sarcasm.

"Hazel. Shut up. Libby, unless you want to leave-"

"Yes! Yes! I want to leave! I hate this place!" Libby cut off the stranger

"Elizabeth, if you want to spend the rest of the day with Naomi while I deal with this, go ahead. If not, shut up and behave" another stranger.

"Thank you, Zee" the other stranger replied.

"Hey, hate to interrupt, but Hazel's friend is awake" I recognized that voice but couldn't put a name to it.

"She is not my friend" Hazel snapped. Oh shiz, they're talking about me...

"Hazel...?" The familiar stranger chided.

"Yes. She is my friend. We're very close. Are you happy now, Megan?" Hazel hissed through her teeth.

"The hell am I supposed to do with you?" The familiar stranger-apparently Megan- sighed. "I said be subtle. Subtle does not mean completely and obviously lying" she uttered the last bit like a shout.

"I have a strong aversion to her presence" Hazel bit back. Megan groaned but stayed quiet.

"Megan, do us a favor and have your Hazel-counseling later. All you're getting her to do is find more ways to say she hates people"

"I know" Megan sighed. "See you all. Have to go remove Hazel's crap from my living room" Megan's voice faded as she left.

I suddenly felt a sharp snap on my shoulder before I sat upright, and panicked a little. A lot.

"Hazel! How many times do I have to tell you not to hurt people when they coming in or out of consciousness!?" There was another shuffling of feet while my eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the light.

"You" I said simply. I'd locked eyes with the one and only Hazel. This time, the demon felt completely normal. I missed the other that been weirdly nice.

"Grace" I so did not miss that word from her mouth.

"You two are literally the most boring flirts I have ever met" Libby complained from behind Hazel.

"I hate her!" "I am not flirting with her!" Hazel and I retorted at the same time. Libby chuckled.

"Yeah, great, really, Beth" a woman with rust colored hair sighed. "I'm Riley. Nice to meet you" the woman rushed. "Down to the point. I want you slightly familiarized with this place in case you are needed back. The motives are for me to discuss with Elizabeth while- Megan left already, and Hazel... Uh... Anyone else? Is there anyone else- ugh... Hazel, if you act up just once, you're going to be suspended" the Riley woman grumbled.