Chapter Twenty : Set Up and Under Control : P.O.V. Micha

Three hours until my 'date' with Marley. And after texting her for four days, I'm not really nervous about her. I am, but it nothing compared to the anxiety I have for myself.

I sighed and figured it'd be better not to think about it. Instead I found my favorite jeans, a top with a radioactive symbol on the front -and that was so big on me that it almost hung on my shoulders- and a black hoodie. Setting them onto my bed, I proceeded to take a long shower to cleanse myself of all the sweat and gunpowder I'd collected during my session at the N.S. today. Hm... I'd probably have to take Marley with me once or twice. Kayla has no idea about any of this, so she hasn't called my mentor. My mentor is this guy named Trevor. He is the same species as Riley, Libby, and Zee, but he has never had any of the training they've had, just what the N.S. has given him.

I'd just gotten out of my steaming shower and put on my bra and shirt when my phone buzzed.

Grace : hey I can't make it to my house. If u just go early Marley won't even notice I'm gone ;)

Me : k

Grace : be good to my mar }:|

Me : I will

I finished putting on my clothes when she didn't reply.

Who would've thought. I'm getting involved with Hazel's soulmate's best friend. It sounds cheesy but there it is. Libby knows two things. Who people will or do live, and who people hate. Duh. I did an essay on her. Well, I studied her and gave another person my data to write up.

But, back to me. I figured I'd end up dating strictly firsts -the first of triplets- in the N.S. Having any sort of personal relationship between an agent and an outsider get very complicated. Most end up dead. Either the relationship... Or the people in it. Look how Alexa went. I've heard a thing or two about that girl. I'm sure she was the reason Hazel was expelled from the program.

Another rumor said that Hazel was in the Academy for a pretty long time. Go figure. Queen of the bitches is the first and only second to see the inside of the Academy. But they wipe all the Academy's info from the minds of the rejected. She knows she was there and she remembers it like any other memory, she just doesn't know the setting. Kayla is into this stuff. You pick it up.

Wait. The hell am I doing? I don't know anything about dating! God, Micha, not a good day to be off your game!

Me : WAIT GRACE! WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO DUING A DATE?!

Grace : you killed me. I just died laughing. I also took your line. I know.

I was about to send a retort but she beat me to it.

Grace : and she's marley, for god's sake. You give her a tub of cookie dough ice cream and she'll date u. Just do your weirdly accurate guessy thing. do whatever u ppl do its ur date not mine.

Me : okay. Good. Good. anything else??????

Grace : she likes cuddling. She likes being told her blushing is cute. She likes James Cameron's Avatar. I'm sure you can manage.

Me : when will u be back? / when will we not be alone?

Grace : if u need a cockblock, go to your own house x_x Jk I'll be back at nine. Sawyer is taking me bowling because he gets a discount from the food counter if he has an attractive female in his party -_- hope u have more fun than I do...

Me : hah. Good luck

Grace : you won't need it. Bye! Do me a flavor and talk to mar b4 u meet (you didn't hear it from me but she is having a mini panic attack)