Chapter Fifty-Four : The Morning After

"Marley, why are you here at ten in the friggin morning?! I was asleep!" I ended up answering my door while in short pajama shorts, a lose pj shirt, and a grumpy attitude from premature waking. Of course Marley walks right past me and into my kitchen.

"Give me the scoop, woman." Marley extracted an ice cream scoop from a drawer and held it up just for dramatic effect.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep, you hooligan."

"Oh no, no, no. I want details." Marley demanded. "And you're not sleeping till I get some."

"Ugh. You suck."

"But you love me. Anyways-" Marley snapped into a serious demeanor, "you know how Micha and Hazel both go to that creepy night school?" I nodded grudgingly. "And that they are likely to see each other there?" I frowned. "And that Micha keeps me very educated as far as the daily Hazel news?"

"Get to the point." I deadpanned. I was just to tired for this shizzle.

"Exactly how far did you two go last night?" She got to the point.

"What?" I wracked my brain for the source of the red flag that was blaring around my skull.

"Come here, sweetie." Marley dragged my wrist into the bathroom, pulling me along with her and depositing me in front of the mirror.

"Holy shit!" My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the bruises all over my neck. Actually, there was just one, and it was faint. Really, what got me was the sudden flush of memory (accompanied by a solid reddening of my cheeks and neck) that surged up from last night. It made my stomach twist and gave me the worst urge to feel her finish what we had started- the kissing I mean. I was strangely unsatisfied by my lack of obvious marks. I know, I feel terrible. I just can't control it.

"You should hear what Micha had to say about Hazel's." She shook her head "please tell me you didn't have sex without consulting your friends, Grace. Basic laws of feminism, hello." Marley made a strained joke. Honestly, I was feeling more like throwing up than I was kidding.

"Woah, you don't look good." Marley caught on. "Okay, too much, too early. Let's sit you down." She lead me to the couches like I'd broken a leg or something. Then again, I had to be delirious. Why couldn't I stop myself?! Why, every time, did I willingly- no, gratefully succumb to Hazel's bewitchment?

"Okay. Let's take this from the top. Did you or did you not do the dirty?" Marley interrogated instantly.

"No. No. No. No. Never." I tried to convince myself of that last one. But...- Grace Daniels you had better never think that again!

"You sure? You look kinda in a daze. Oh my god, did she drug you?!" Marley shrieked.

"Shut up, you lunatic! No, she didn't drug me! And there are other people trying to sleep right now!"

"It's ten am. No one is asleep. How far did it go?! Were all your clothes on your body?!" How quickly that maniac can change tones.

"Oh my god, we didn't undress at all!" I groaned.

"And how far did it go?! Kissing, groping, making out?! Tell me!"

"We... Just made out a little..."

"A little?!"

"A lot!"

"Grace!"

"Marley?!"

"I don't know if I'm happy for you or not..." She frowned. My jaw dropped. "What?"

"Who are you and why are you not freaking as badly as I am?!"