Chapter Forty-Nine : Hazel, Meet Friends

"So..." Micha stated as we -Marley and I- got into her car. Marley had taken shotgun while her girlfriend drove, so I was alone in the back. Sawyer, for some reason, took a day off today so Micha was happy to give us a ride and stay over Sunday -yesterday- night with Marley. Now it was Monday and Hazel's appearance in the near future was the elephant in the car that Micha was definitely about to bring up.

"How are we going to deal with Grace's-" okay, it was Marley to finish her girlfriend's sentence, but I cut her off.

"Well, thanks to you idiots, she is going to be trying to be nice around you people today" I rolled my eyes.

"Alright we get it. No more trying to help you with your Hazel issues. But hey, she kissed you" Marley put in.

"And how is that a good thing?!"

"Because she's hot and you like her" Micha shrugged. Marley glared at her teasingly. "What? She is. But we do kinda have some bad blood and not the musical kind" Marley immediately started singing the Taylor Swift version of Bad Blood, but when she finished, Micha countered it with the Bastille version of Bad Blood.

"Girls, you're both off key, but Micha's wins" I purred. Look, I love Taylor and her music, but Bastille's Bad Blood is freaking awesome.

So the rest of the drive was spent arguing about music and venting about our shared dislike of rap. And now Micha was stalling while we sat, parked, in our school's parking lot.

"Did we have any homework for Levison's class?" Marley asked as Micha fumbled with the car keys.

"No" I replied just as the doors clicked unlocked and we all exited.

We walked almost silently into school and up to our nook. It wasn't awkward, just cautious, but that was broken as we rounded the turn just before our destination. The three of us froze and began a stare off with the black haired girl waiting for us. She kept a poker face, but it was clear how much she had to do to keep herself put.

"Morning" she finally muttered.

"Hazel" Micha nodded at her.

"Micha" the ebonette returned nonchalantly. "Marley" she looked at my friend. "And Grace" she stated at me.

Micha sat down across from her, Marley keeping close to her side, and both parties looked at me. The remaining free couch was the two person one that Cael and Robyn usually squeezed onto, the space left on Marley and Micha's couch would be enough for Tatiana, so that left me sitting next to Hazel. Joy.

"Mind if I sit here?" I kept a flat tone. Hazel nodded and kicked her bag over a little as as welcoming a gesture I'd get from her. So I dumped my bag to one side and sat down as far away from her as I could. The couch was too small, however to give me enough space for our shoulders to not be brushing.

Until another voice came into earshot, our silence was thick and tense. Thank god Tatiana came to spoil it- oh crap. My ex just showed up.

"Ace, you here?" Said teen came walking down the hall and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Hazel. "Hi, Hazel... What brings you here?" She sat down beside Marley, suspicious eyes never leaving Hazel.

"Marley and Micha" she replied.

"Oh. Care to explain?" Ana looked between the couple at her side and Hazel.

"They -Marley and Micha- believe it is in Grace's and my own best interests to become more comfortable around each other's company, if I understand correctly, by subjecting us to each other and each other's lives" Hazel did her robot voice. You know, the one where she sounds like a more fluent and Hazel-esque version of Siri. Basically she just spoke without emotion.