Chapter Twenty-Nine : Ouroboros

"Hazel, long time no see" Micha, Marley and I weren't even through the door when we found a familiar glare directed at us. It had been a week, and sure enough, Hazel was back to bother us again.

"Why are you here?" She deadpanned. Micha smirked and put an arm around Marley's waist.

"My girlfriend" Micha smirked with the same sort of uncaring indifference. Hazel's eyes flashed with an emotion that left too fast to decipher. The younger girl turned on her heel and left.

"She looks like she's in a good mood" Marley stated sarcastically.

"That's actually the happiest I've seen her since Riley made Megan sit in a corner" the senior girl mused.

"Why?" I chuckled.

"Megan was being a control freak" she replied simply.

"Hah" Marley laughed. "Let's go. We have until Grace womans up enough to talk to Hazel to do whatever the fuck we want to her!" She cracked her knuckles.

"Why not afterwards?" Micha followed.

"Best friend duties prohibit me from ditching her to bother others" Marley sighed like she regret it. "So let's go mess with her!"

"Hey, Grace, when are you going to talk to her?" Micha held Marley back by her waist despite the brunette's struggling.

"Dunno" I pat Marley's head and walked in front of her while Micha was having fun keeping her girlfriend still.

"Grace" guess who.

"Hazel" I replied with the same bored sigh. "I don't care what you want. I have stuff to do" I walked by her. She didn't seem to like that.

"Why is Micha here?" She growled "don't talk to her"

"Mhm, sure" I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"You're ignoring me" she hissed. I think I might have found her weak point.

"And you're a freaking genius. Go away" I sighed, knowing she wasn't planning on shutting up anytime soon.

"Why?"

"Because I don't feel like dealing with you"

"You're impossible"

"Yet you kissed me"

"I did. And you complied" I groaned and just shut my mouth. She had to give up eventually.

"Hazel. Leave the girl alone" Micha and Marley were following us, and only now decided to speak up.

"This doesn't concern you" Hazel bit at the older girl.

"Yes. It does" Micha folded her arms. That gesture alone sent the tension through the roof. I'm honestly amazed that Hazel hasn't drawn blood yet. "You're being the problem, Zel. Fix it before I do"

"Don't threaten me" Hazel narrowed her eyes but kept her anger hidden. More or less.

"Don't test me" Micha sighed loudly "and there I go again" she let out a puff of air. "I need to punch something" she threw Marley and I a look before sprinting off in the direction of the gym.

"Great. You broke my girlfriend" Marley groaned. "Lets go find her before the guys do. Say bye to the nice girl, Grace" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me along after Micha.

We found her in the back room of the gym, attacking a weighted bag thing -yeah, I'm sure it has a name, but I'm not going to make a fool of myself trying to recite it- and the rest of the people in the area gawking at her. She'd taken off the long sleeve over shirt she'd been wearing, left with her white tank top. Gloves now guarded her knuckles from friction.

"Did you-" I muttered toward Marley.

"No idea" she said with as much surprise as I did. The older ravenette was leaving huge dents in the punching bag -oh yeah, I remembered the name- and knocked it down a good many times before she finally started taking off her gloves and took her focus off the bag.

"Sorry" Micha combed her hair with a hand.

"How are you not sweating?!" Marley exclaimed. Micha chuckled while putting back on her over shirt.

"It takes a lot more than a few punches and kicks to make me overheat" she mused. Marley put an arm around her waist and shot a glare at the audience before leading us out.

"I'm uh... really sorry about that" Micha muttered once we were back in our nook.

"Why? Not like anything happened" Marley soothed, resting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. I felt a little tension between us, just enough that I thought they needed some alone time.

"I'll be back in a few" I stood, Micha gave me a grateful look. "I guess I'll go hunt down Hazel. Now or never, right?" I left my bag and almost made it out of the art wing when I spotted Hazel in one of the rooms. Almost as soon as I'd found her, Hazel noticed me.

"Why would you need to hunt me down?" She demanded boredly.

"Have you never heard of privacy?" I groaned. "We need to talk" when Hazel said nothing I prompted her again "about you kissing me"

"There is nothing to talk about. It was a kiss. Nothing more" she sighed.

"Then why did you do it?!"

"Impulse. I don't see why you're making a commotion of it"

"You kissed me. You hate me. And you kissed me"

"Correct. Are we done?" She sighed and started to walk away. I reached to grab her shoulder, and at my touch she hissed and turned on me. "Don't touch me"

"You kissed me. And you tell me not to touch you?! Unbelievable" I snapped.

"What do you not understand? The fact that I kissed you has nothing to do with the way I feel about you"

"It's got everything to do with the way you feel about me!" I face-palmed. Right about now I was worshipping Megan for being able to put up with this.

"Fine. Say it does" Hazel hissed through her teeth, jaw muscles bulging with strain. "What does it matter to you? I'm not going to submit myself to any relationship with you. This argument is pointless"

"I want to know what was going through your twisted, evil mind while you were kissing me!"

"You are attractive"

"The actual hell, Hazel?!"

"That's what was going through my mind. No emotional dependence or fairytale love. I kissed you for the same reason you take interest in me" ouch.

"Did you... Enjoy it?" I almost did two things when I said that. One, vomit, two, choke and die.

"Yes" she stated with no emotions. "But it was not what you seem to believe. See, I could do the same now" I froze solid again when she leaned in and smashed her lips against mine. I didn't blank out this time, and I kind of wish I had. Her lips were so soft and those stupid butterflies were going frantic with the explosions through my body. "And it doesn't change the fact that I don't like you. Meaningless. I don't see your dilemma" she pulled back as soon as she came, unfazed.

"Why did you do that?!" I nearly shouted in her face. I could still feel the impression of her touch, the faint taste of jasmine where she'd been.

"To prove my point. Nothing changed between us. Do you finally understand?" She folded her arms. A million violent, enraged, or otherwise unhappy responses were at the tip of my tongue, but I chose the other option. I turned and walked away. Angry as it was, but I left all the same.

**I finally got that Hazel Grace scene I planned out done, however short it may be. What do you think will happen now? Happy Tuesday.