Chapter Fifty : A. Sinclair

Since Hazel and I had no classes for the rest of the day, I, first, have no news on her, and second, I didn't know she'd left school during the third block of the day. I was only informed once I joined Marley and Micha in her car after school let out. They were discussing the N.S.'s reasons for keeping the first two of a triplet set under watch when the third was in the area.

"What's up guys?" I sat in the back. Micha stopped telling Marley what horrible reception there was in the N.S's safe room and how few things there were to relieve the boredom.

"Has Hazel called you yet?" Micha looked at me in the rear view mirror for a moment before averting her eyes to watch the road as we left school grounds.

"No, should she have?"

"She should have called to tell you that she's in lockdown with Megan. And that you should probably stay at home tomorrow" Micha sounded scarily serious. "Alexa would never show herself to you, but it would be much safer if you didn't take the chance"

"Alexa's in town?" I shivered a little, reminded of the blonde I'd found online the other night. Winter. I hated how I somehow could feel so jealous of such an innocent looking dead woman. I should be less concerned that Hazel had feelings for someone other than me. Hell, I barely wanted her feelings, it's just that I needed them that made it so difficult.

"Yeah. Just for today, though. The N.S. will, however, probably keep Hazel and Megan there for the rest of the week" Micha shrugged.

"Have you ever actually met Alexa?" I prodded, not bothering to stifle my curiosity.

"No. I've never actually met a third. I've seen Hadas in pictures and stuff, but I've never met one. And Alexa, as far as I know, is a third the N.S. tries especially hard to keep under control"

"You've never met your own sister?" Marley scowled at her. Micha played a quick smirk.

"Whoever dealt with me as a newborn was smart enough to keep Hadas far away"

"Still, it's your sister" The brunette pressed.

"Well, she's also a heartless psychopath who'd most likely try to kill Kayla and I" Micha pursed her lips "there are a number of problems I have with the Night School, but I'm pretty damn grateful that they separated Kayla and I from Hadas" my mind went back again to Winter. Of course now I was trying to comprehend that the smiling girl from those pictures was actually dead, and that her murder could have been prevented if Alexa'd never been evolved with Hazel. Which then made me wonder how different Hazel would be if Alexa hadn't screwed her up. She'd probably be more like Micha, and Micha is way more fun than she is a bother.

"Grace, what'ch'a thinking about?" Marley interrupted my daydream with a singsong voice.

"Hazel" Marley gave me a 'no duh' look "how Hazel would be different if Alexa hadn't been a part of her life"

"She'd definitely be a lot less ignorant" Micha mused.

"Ignorant?"

"She'd have spent time with Megan learning how to behave like a normal person and not just an agent in hiding"

"Oh" I nodded as Micha pulled into my driveway. Once she'd stopped I unbuckled, but Micha held a hand up to stop me from leaving. I was about to ask why, but I noticed how she was surveying my house with clear unnerve. Mary seemed to notice too and kept quiet.

When Micha opened her door, Marley and I both jumped, I nearly shrieked from the scare. The older girl paid us no notice, instead she closed the door behind her, and reached into her back pocket while she crept towards the house.