Chapter Fifteen : Ship of A Goddess : P.O.V. Hazel

-An hour-ish ago-

"No! Absolutely no. No" I paced around in the locker room, my least favorite Shape Shifter cleaning her nails boredly.

"Denial. You know I'm right" she sighed.

"No!" I screamed at her. I'm done trying to control myself. I fucking need to punch something.

"I was right about my own wife for god's sake. I'm the goddess of love and hate, remember? You and your supposed arch nemesis are going to fall. You're going to get married and have little baby Grazels and Hazces. Unless you screw up. You don't get a second chance with this one. You mess this up and I promise you your life will be worse than a living hell. Take it from me, you'll never be able to comprehend what it feels like" she shook her head.

"I refuse to spend my life on anything as intolerable as Grace!" I felt like crying and burning at once. God, what the hell is wrong with me?! She can't be right! She is never right! Yes she is!

"I've seen people resist what I tell them. They either give in, or they give up"

"What the hell do you know about a living hell?!" I seethed. I tried not to mention it, but she really couldn't even imagine what I have done.

"I know that my wife lost our children because she was miserable. I know that I've watched her end her life more times than I can count. I saw her physically destroyed beyond recognition. You don't know what it is to see that. And the only thing that kept me sane was knowing she'd come back to me. You won't fucking survive if you break her and she doesn't come back. You get one chance. And if that chance decides to give up on you... You're as good as gone" she snarled, suddenly alive with anger and something else lost in her memories. Yeah right.

"Your love is nothing but chemicals and lust. I can survive the loss of one damn target of my unfortunate affections. Grace and I will never be because I have neither chemistry nor lust. I can't be in love with her!"

"Don't you dare say that" a terrifying inferno blazed in her eyes, a faint silver aurora radiating off her skin. I hated how they did that. "Why am I arguing with a stupid little girl?" She calmed down, aura faded, she stood and walked to the door. "You're going to be the one to kill yourself, Hazel. No one will be able to pick up the pieces" and Libby was gone.

...
-Present-

"Grace" I muttered. My jaw tightened. I refuse to let Libby be right. I will never fall in love with this child.

"Hazel? Why are you here? Aren't we supposed to be at-" my sister had that look in her eyes. She was giving Grace too many details on my personal life.

"Cancelled" I snapped and barged into the back seats.

"Zel, we were talking about Lex" Megan whispered, I knew it was because she was afraid I'd hear her. She should be. My eyes widened and I resisted the urge to choke her.

"How. Dare. You. Tell. Her. About. That" I snarled. Grace stiffened.

"I didn't" Megan sighed. I was still posed at her, don't get me wrong, but now she's got a chance to live.

"Good" I closed the topic as best I could, but the stupid brunette reopened it by trying to be silent in muttering a 'why do I even bother?', Obviously forgetting my superior hearing. "Excuse me? My personal life is mine and mine alone. You have no right at all to hope for me to share it"

"Hazel! Cool it! Oh my god, what is wrong with you?!" Megan maxed out and whipped around to glare at me. Woah? There has never been a time when Megan was this angry at me. That was terrifying.

"You know exactly what's wrong with me, Megan!" I hissed.

"Unbelievable" she growled an exasperated sigh before turning to the brunette in my front seat. "Sorry for all this" she rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"It's fine" she smiled at Megan. It was fake. When Megan smiled back like it was real I rolled my eyes.

Something buzzed right before I was going to say something about Grace's horrible acting. Grace took her phone out of her pocket and from the tapping of her fingers I knew she was texting someone.

"We're not going to the N.S. right?" She asked Megan. I didn't like her tone. She was too comfortable. Why was she comfortable? She was ignoring me, that's why. That or she was dumber than I thought.

"Apparently not. I can drop you off if you want" my sister replied.

"Yeah, thanks" and the brunette returned to typing. She'd laugh every few minutes while a long silence took place. Normally I'd enjoy the quiet, but Grace would chuckle every time I was going into deep thought and I would end up back in the car instead of my mind and the cycle was endless.

"Who are you texting?" I finally gave up and growled to end the taunting still air.

"A friend" she sighed.

"It isn't Marley. Who is it?" She was looking serious, and she typed a message multiple times before she sent it. The person she was texting was not familiar, and she had a legitimate reason to be conversing with them.

"Not your concern" she retorted. Oh no. I want to know. She will not win this. "My private life is not your business"

"Hazel. No" Megan snapped. I wanted to find a loophole, but there was no way to get Grace to tell me anything without being a hypocrite, or telling her about... Neither were options. "What did Libby talk to you about?" Out of one hole and into another.

"We argued and she almost blew up" I groaned.

"Anything new?" My triplet rolled her eyes.

"Uh... Her girlfriend has a suicidal history, her girlfriend lost her children, and she is wrong"

"I knew that" and then it was quiet. Again.

...

I can honestly say that was the most awkward and aggravating car ride of my life.

Author's Note: a) I just remembered I have a book called author's note. Somewhere. B) I did this in Hazel cause I felt like it. You'll have another Hazel chapter soon, but we need just a little more development before the fun starts ;) love y'all. The title is what it is cause my friend and I were just talking about how everyone ships us :p