Chapter Sixty-Six: Prelude

"Grace, Grace, Grace, Grace, Grace, Grace!" I groaned at the loud wake-up call and cold water dripping on my face. It was fucking Saturday! What decent human being wakes up a sleeping high schooler on a Saturday morning?!

"Go away!" I stuffed my head under my pillow. Ugh, I was having a good dream too! I don't remember any of it... But it was good!

"No!" The wake-up alarm started jumping on my bed on all fours. "Grace! Grace! Grace! Grace! Get up! Get up!" I finally opened an eye to see who and where my alarm was coming from so I could calculate which object and trajectory would be best to ensure my sleep. And their silence. But mostly my sleep.

"Marley?! What the hell are you doing here?!" I glanced at the clock. "At seven in the fucking morning!"

"Get up, lazy ass! It's a big, big, big day!"

"How are you so damn happy this early?! Did Micha lay you or something?!" I groaned. Marley suddenly shut up and froze. Wait. Holy shit. "Holy shit, woman, off my bed! Go! Shoo!" I scrambled off my bed, groggily standing. "Gross, I have essence of fuck on my bed! Off!" I flailed my hands at Marley. I didn't touch her though, because God knows where she has or rather has not been since she was with Micha. "Go shower! Now!"

"What? I already did!" She exclaimed. "That's why my hair is soaked!"

"Shower again! I want none of Micha's bodily fluids being transmitted to me!" I huffed, folding my arms. Marley smirked and, being more awake and alert, lunged at me and slobbered all over my face before diving into my bed and hiding, giggling, under the covers.

"Oh my god, Marley! I will murder you! Ugh, God knows where your mouth has just been!" Oh dear lord, there go the mental images.

"It hurt me too. Now I have Hazel in my mouth!" She stuck her mouth out from under the covers and blew raspberries at me. "Oh! That reminds me! Guess what today is!"

"Saturday. I should be fucking asleep. But no. I'm being woken up by little miss lost her virginity!"

"Jealous much?" She snickered, "what's the date?" I glanced at my clock.

"March twenty-first, idiot." A dull red flag went off in my brain. Shit, was it football day?! No... Dad would've already been running rampant around the house.

"And..." Marley smirked. She leapt over to my closet, pulling out the Underground bag I'd been hiding from the nosey parents and brother. She took out the bra and swung it around her finger.

"And I've told you that boob appreciation day is not a thing." I decided that I was going to bed, Micha germs or not.

"Grace!" Marley jumped on top of me, straddling me. Damn, now that she was closer and in plain sight, I noticed that she was absolutely covered in bite marks, suck marks, claw marks, the whole array of marks. Bad images! Ow my poor brain!

"You looked like you were attacked by a suckling cat." I snickered.

"Something like that." She rolled her eyes. "Look." She held up my phone to my face and oh look, a notification.

March 21st
Hazel's Birthday

My mouth went dry and my whole body stiffened. Holy shit it was today.

"Get dressed!" Marley giggled before leaving the room.

Before I could even give myself time to accept the situation, I sent my girlfriend a text.

Me: Good morning, baby! Happy birthday :)

But I thought better of the 'baby' so I changed it to 'Zel' and sent it.