Chapter Seventy-Nine: Supression

A/N: if your heart dies at all because of this, blame DamnShane bgsm098 KemberZ and Wolflovers3 for this idea 😊 you should all aspire to be wonderful readers like them

"Grace! Your kinda-girlfriend-it's-complicated-go-away-Sawyer is here!" I heard Grace's brother yell before opening the door to her house. He was wearing pants and gobbling down a handful of Oreo cookies. Part of me saw appalled that he was actually related to Grace by blood, and part of me saw Grace doing the exact same thing. Grace would look much cuter than her brother.

"What is it you have against shirts?!" Grace yelled from somewhere inside.

"I don't know, what do you have against bras?! Aside from the whole gay-hippie-vegan-free-boobs lesbian culture you have going for you." He snickered back. "Hey, you're pretty. I forgot to ask last time, but why are you dating my sister? Have you ever actually seen her wake up? Or laugh? Or like-"

"Sawyer! Go. Away!" Grace groaned, shoving him out of the doorway. "Go beg mom for a car or something!" She glared as he seemed to make his way to another room.

"H-"

"Mom! I want a car!" Sawyer screamed at the top of his lungs, cutting Grace off.

"I will murder you!" "Grace, get him away from me!" Grace and her mother grumbled synchronically. "Let's go, please." Grace continued, leaping out the door and closing it behind her. "Hi." She scratched her neck, "sorry about my idiot brother."

"Megan would absolutely adore him." I mused. Grace scrunched up her face.

"Are you suggesting setting up my brother and your sister?" She sneered at the idea. "Is that awkward for you or is it just the idea that my brother and I could date two people of the same everything but personality?"

"I-" I stopped myself, thinking about it. "No, you're right." I grimaced.

"Let's never speak of it again." She giggled, putting her hand in mine while we walked to my car.

It was almost sunset but even in the dimming light, Grace was as vibrant as ever. We weren't dressing for a formal date, but she was absolutely gorgeous even with her hair in a ponytail, dressed in pale blue, paint covered jeans, a black v-neck tee, and a light green jacket. I think she caught my eyes lingering on her hips (or maybe a little lower).

"You look beautiful." I smiled, enjoying being the one to complement her for a change.

"Thanks." She grinned with her head down bashfully. I didn't know why she was so shy, it's not like we hadn't taken each other's virginity a mere week ago, but I didn't mind because it was cute as hell. She was cute as hell. "You, uh... You look good too." She replied, rubbing her neck with her free hand. "I still haven't gotten used to your hair, though." She admitted.

"Maybe you'll be used to it once it grows out." I squeezed her hand playfully. I didn't know what I doing; the air around us just seemed so light and comfortable, I didn't even feel the tension left from our argument or our social disparity.

"Hilarious." She rolled her eyes, letting me open the passenger door for her, stealing a kiss as she sat. Leaning back up and walking to my side with a grin, I caught Grace's parents watching us from the doorway, her mother giving me a thumbs up when she caught my eye. It made me warm to think they wanted me to know they approved of our relationship.