Chapter Thirty-Eight : Tatiana

"Dude, did you really have to go and piss Hazel off?" I groaned, watching my ex -in a non-stalkish way- come out of the shower, wrapped in two towels. I don't know why he uses two; now hush.

"Sorry, Ace" she walked with me back into my room. "But I know how you are, and I have heard how she is and I'm interested in seeing how you two work"

"We don't. There is nothing about us that works"

"There is everything about you that works! You're soulmates, by definition you two are perfect for each other. And if she is your soulmate, she'll be good for you" Tatiana rebounded casually. She gave me this irritating parental, loving look that screamed 'I'm doing this for your own good'. Ugh. My own good is not Hazel. "Ace, she'll break you, believe you me I know she will. But she won't let you go. Don't take this the wrong way, but you do deserve that"

"Whatever you say, Ana. I'm not falling for Hazel any time soon" I shook my head in disbelief. She kissed my cheek before searching around my drawers for pajamas. "Here" I pulled some clothes out of my pajama drawer. A white tee and shorts for myself, a black tank and shorts for my ex.

"Cool" she dropped the towel covering her top to put on the shirt. I quickly looked away, which made her laugh. "Ace, you're so cute" she chuckled "I need underpants" she went back to looking through the wrong drawers. I sighed and shot some underwear at her, hitting her at the small of her back. "Ouch! Ace! You're so not allowed to cause me pain. We're not dating anymore, remember?"

"I dunno. WIth that kiss before, I can't really tell"

"Please, I am so out of your league" she laughed while she managed to get the underwear on without removing her towel. "These are small" she shook awkwardly as she tried to get the pants on.

"It's not my fault I'm less..." I pinched her arm. She had much more muscle than me, a lot more than I remember. "Have you been working out?"

"N.S. requirments. I'm not as involved with it as much as the Sinclair girls, but they do keep an eye on all supernaturals of my kind or half supernaturals like me that are not under the system the Serinaes are part of" she shrugged. Wow. Hearing it from her was something different. What is it with me? What person accidentally dates a supernatural? And has a Hazel to put up with?

"How did you react when you found out? About your mom and all?" I took my clothes and went into the bathroom attached to my room to change, ignoring Tatiana's amused smirk and favoring my privacy.

"I freaked a little. Its not every day your mom tells you she's not human, and you realize you're not actually fully human. Not to mention the fact that she showed me some of what she can do. She freaking glows" she laughed "personally, I can't do much. My mom only has a total ability sum of five, and I have less than one point spread across my Seer and Shifter skills. In perspective the Serinae twins each have a sum of thirty, if I'm not mistaken"

"I'm not going to try and understand the points thing. But your mom said all you've ever done was have a dream"

"She did, did she? Hm. Yeah, I have had one or two Seer dreams, but we know I'm a Shifter. My mom knows a Healer and the Healer told us that I was a Seer and Shifter. I'll probably never actually shift though. I don't have that much blood purity" she yawned and invited herself into my bed. I rolled my eyes with an amused snort; she was still one of my best friends, so she did kinda have the right to act like she owned the place. "You coming, Ace?" she held the covers up for me to climb under with her.

"What happened to 'you're out'a my league'?" I snickered, crawling under the sheets with her. God, it sounds so much worse than it was.

"I'm totally out of your league. Remember, I'm straight because of you" she mused and snuggled against me. I rolled over so we were chest to chest, eye to eye. She still has beautiful violet eyes.