Chapter Forty-Two : Heroine Part Two

This is by far the most awkward day of my pathetic teenage life.

Megan had literally given me no say in coming to dinner with her, she just drove me to her house anyway. She and Hazel had argued the whole way back over spilling whatever secret they were keeping. Both had to slip into one or more foreign languages that I'd never heard before so I wouldn't understand. Now I was sitting in the back of Megan's car wondering who would be the first person to find me once the cold of night set in.

The triplet girls had left, arguing still, on their way inside, locking me into the car. And apparently Megan doesn't have a burglar alarm so they won't even hear me trying to escape.

Screw this.

I lay on my back and stared at the ceiling of the car. My phone was dead. I couldn't call anyone. The hell was I supposed to do?

...

It felt like hours before someone opened the door and once again I didn't appreciate who was behind it.

"Sorry for forgetting you" she hissed through grit teeth. "Megan is forcing me to tell you a completely irrelevant story that I don't want you to hear" she got in and shut the door behind her. Idiot. "Sit up" she grumbled.

"Why?" I retorted, unhappy about being trapped in a car with Hazel for God knows how long.

"Because I will not tell it otherwise. Face that way. Put your legs on the seat" I sighed and did as she said, facing out one window. I was almost expecting her to go back-to-back with me, but she never did.

"Alexa slept around. She was dating at least twenty people at once, more that were not in explicit relationships with her. One of the girls she was taking advantage of was named Winter.

Alexa may not be kind but God is she smart. No one, not even I noticed that I was being used. But for some reason I took a liking to Winter and convinced her that she was being cheated on, and when Winter confronted Alexa about it, Alexa let it go because she had so many other play things.

Winter and I kept in close contact, and at one point she asked me if I would be in a relationship with her, saying that she'd liked me in the first place, but Alexa had seemed the nicer of the two of us. So I naively agreed and we kept it a secret for a long time. She already knew all about me and the N.S. so I saw no problem in us being together.

Until one day Alexa found out. Mega tried to get her distracted, but all she accomplished was a scar on her own stomach from Alexa's knife. Alexa raped Winter in front of me, stabbed me for going against her or acting of my own will, and eventually killed Winter when she was done with her. Left the body on the floor in our old home.

So there it is. I still don't see why you have to know, but I can't afford to be expelled from the N.S. for keeping it's secret. You, on the other hand... Don't tell anyone" I couldn't help it. I turned to face her and it broke my heart to see her. She was crying. Megan was right. I gave her all the future chances, and I looked past the rumors. Riley was right. My sympathy deepened and I pulled her into my arms. She flinched at my touch, but settled reluctantly. In that moment I could believe that she was my soulmate, this moment when I actually felt some degree of belonging with her. Part of me hated it. But none of me could imagine going through that.

"I'm so sorry" I whispered, burying my face into her neck, breathing in her scent. I was confused; why was I doing it? But more so, why was she letting me?

"It's not like it matters anymore. She's dead. I've moved on" Hazel was showing emotion. This had to've effected her more than she let on. "Why is it that my story makes you react to me?"

"Because I thought you were just a bitch for no reason. I didn't know you had a heart" I pulled her closer. God, I had never realized what I was missing. She was so warm. So alive. She was my soulmate. And I didn't fall for her in that moment, but I definitely realized how easy it would be to put my heart in this girl.

**Alright that was a short chapter and its probably gonna be revised later. But I hope you enjoy ;)