Chapter Forty-Eight : Fridge-Narnia?

"Grace Daniels! You have ten seconds to get your ass out of bed and explain to me why you woke me up at three in the morning and made my girlfriend drag me here on a Saturday!" Marley screamed at the top of her lungs, startling me so badly I jumped out of bed and lay in a pile of fluffy covers on the floor.

"The frick, Marley?!" I shouted groggily. I glanced over at the clock. "Mar, it's six in the a.m.! What are you doing here?!"

"You tell me! My girlfriend kicked me out of my own house and made me come here to talk to you!" She pouted.

"Help me make my bed. We're going back to sleep and then we're talking" I rubbed my eyes. Marley needed no further encouragement, she and I had my bed made in under a long minute. I dove back into bed while Marley took off her jeans, shoes, and denim jacket, and slipped into bed at my side.

The next thing I could remember was snuggling into the neck of a very warm thing that I'd imagined was Hazel... But, as I emerged into consciousness, I realized shouldn't be Hazel, isn't Hazel, and that I was not supposed to be letting myself imagine cuddling Hazel. No matter how warm she'd be, or good she'd smell, or safe I'd somehow feel- I'm doing it again! Stop it, Grace!

I realized it was Marley as soon as the familiar scent of her skin hit me. And it was so, so sad that I was disappointed. I wanted Hazel. I really shouldn't have. I didn't want to. I just couldn't help it. I craved Hazel's closeness, her touch, her breath, her scent, I just wanted to be around her. God, am I majorly fucked up.

"Mar? You awake?" I whispered. She mumbled something and wrapped her arms around my waist, squeezing me. It almost made me cry. Not because it was tight or anything, but because it wasn't Hazel. And because Hazel would only ever touch me like this if she was trying to break my ribs, or spine, or pop one or more of my organs, if that's even possible. Although, with her strength, I'm sure it is.

"Marley, detach" I tried pulling her arms away but she whimpered and clung tighter. "Marley" I groaned exasperatedly.

"I'm sleeping" she murmured. "Quiet" she added. When I was silent, she nuzzled my cheek. "Good Michs"

"Marley, I'm Grace" I stated. "Open your eyes, Mar"

"No"

"Marley"

"I don't wanna"

"Ugh. Wake up, moron"

"No"

"Marley!"

"Maybe?"

"Marley Larissa Davis!"

"Okay, okay, god, Gracie, don't get your bra in a knot" she opened one eye and stared at me playfully.

"Mar, nobody says that" I rolled my eyes.

"Well now someone does" she kissed me lightly. "So, what problems do you have today that Micha wants me to fix?"

"Hazel" I deadpanned, avoiding the answer I'd inevitably have to give.

"Uh-huh, what about her?"

"We kissed... And I might have felt her up a little"

"I just slept with you, I just kissed you, and now you tell me you're cheating on me?" Marley laughed for some reason unknown to me.

"What's wrong with you?!" That came out way harsher than I'd intended. "Marley, I'm seriously having issues- why are you laughing?!"

"Well, would it help you if I was all serious and doomy-gloomy?" She propped herself up on her elbow. "I didn't think so" she teased. Part of me wanted to hug her, but I also really wanted to bitch slap the living daylights outa her.