Chapter 35- Monsters Inside*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Grammatical errors

Rephrasing

********************

Caroline's POV

I blinked, and gasped almost on an instinct. The weird smell made sense now. He didn't look up, like he almost expected me to run, but I wouldn't run from him.

"Tyler...its ok." 

His head shot up and he looked livid, "DON'T TELL ME IT'S OK!! IT'S NOT OK IM A-." He suddenly looked sick. He saw how I had backed away when he yelled and he put his head back in his hands.

"I'm....so sorry I didn't mean to, I just..." He didn't finish, he just started to cry again. "Tyler I meant it's going to be ok, I know someone that can help you!" I said and he looked up.

"No one can help me, I'm a monster." I shook my head and placed my cold hand on his burning forearm. 

"I thought that too, I still think that sometimes, but Stefan helped me."

"Stefan!?" He said looking shocked and backing away. 

"Yes he's like me, he's been....like me for a long time actually and he knows how to help people like us." I explained.

"No, no one else can know. I shouldn't have even told you. No no, he'll think I'm....no." He said very firmly.

"Then...what can I do, can I help?" I said looking for any opportunity. 

He looked surprised, "You wanna help me?" He asked

I touched his arm again, "Of course I do. Tyler I want you to know you're not a monster, even if you think you are. "

What almost seemed like a small smile appeared on his lips but then it disappeared. "Tonight...it's tonight." 

I furrowed my brow, "What is?" 

He bowed his head again, "Full moon."

"What happens then?" I immediately felt stupid because I knew what would happen. 

"I read journals and watched...videos my grandfather and uncle had, its awful Caroline just awful." He took a deep shaky breath before continuing,

"There's a place in the woods. I have to go and chain myself up and drink....to weaken..." He began to cry and I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I knew enough.

"I'll go." He looked up and shook his head.

 "No I don't wanna hurt you." I rolled my eyes and stood up, using my speed I went to one of the old desks and broke it in half, then sat back beside him. "I'm a big girl, I can look out for myself."

He just stared at me for a moment and then ever so slowly he placed his arm around my waist and then the other and he pulled me close and hugged me.

I was shocked by the simple act, it made my eyes water and my dead heart seem to flutter. I hugged him back tightly and let the tears flow and he cried too, and somehow it was beautiful....it was a beautiful broken moment.

****

I left the room quickly when the bell rang and went to my locker. Tyler and I planned to meet each other by the lake at 5:30. I just had to figure out what to tell Stefan.

Tyler really didn't want me to tell him even though I knew he could help, but I wanted Tyler to trust me. Well, I had extra time to think about that; right now I just had to play it off.