Chapter 21-Katherine and Elena*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Details added

Rephrasing

***************************************************************************************

Stefan's POV

I had to leave, they would find his body and I couldn't be here. I had to be far away. I saw Tyler still celebrating on the field, and ran to him. "Hey have you seen Elena?" I asked him. "She just went looking for you!" He said and I felt the terror run through my body. "Thanks!" I said and ran to my car.

I have never sped more in my life, I followed her scent. My house. She was at my house. Where the hell was Damon?

Elena's POV

I stood there frozen; I couldn't breathe. I  I couldn't even understand what was happening. I gasped as I heard the door open and someone say my name from downstairs.

I couldn't tell who it was and I was thinking of hiding but I couldn't move. I heard the door push open and his voice filled the room. 

"Elena?" He asked.

 I drew in a shakey breath not looking him in the eyes, "I know you're a vampire...I saw what Damon did to Mr. Tanner...." I said.

I heard him groan. 

"Elena...I can explain. But please don't tell anyone!" He said urgently.

 "I won't."I wouldn't even being to know how to tell someone that. "I maybe could've come to understand that. But this?!" I turned and saw the horror on his face as I held up the picture of me..or her..whoever the hell it was!

"This! I can't handle!" I said my voice cold. He froze. 

"Elena.......I...can...explain!" He said but the anger I had help back pushed its way through.

 "GO TO HELL!!!!" I shouted and ran past him. I got a good distance away before I heard him following me.

"Elena please wait!!!!" He called but I was out the door trying to keep the tears from coming. I started to run but all the sudden he was in front of me. 

"Elena! Please just hear me out!" He begged.

I pushed him hard so that he moved out of my way. 

"Stay away from me!" I cried, taking off again. Finally I got to my house. I had to wipe my eyes and nose and take some deep breaths. I don't want them to have any reason to confront me.

I ran inside and saw Jenna, my dad and my mom sitting watching some show. "Elena what's wrong?" Mom cried, as I ran upstairs and slammed the door. I heard them walking up the stairs and I quickly locked my door.I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to cry. I fell onto my bed, curled up into a ball, and sobbed.

Stefan's POV

I watched as she ran away. It felt like my heart was being pulled from my chest. She would never forgive me, she would always hate me and now I would have to live without her; again. I walked slowly inside and back up to my room. I grabbed the picture of Katherine and threw it in the fire. I don't even know why I kept it. "Even when you're dead you still ruin everything."

I walked slowly downstairs and went to grab a whiskey when I heard a whip of wind. I turned but nothing was there. I turned back but heard it again. I started to call Damon's name; thenI was suddenly thrown to the ground. The blonde hair dangled in front of my face and I knew exactly who it was.

"Lexi?"

Damon's POV

Ah that douchebag wouldn't even be missed, it wasn't that big of a deal. Besides, now I can focus on Katherine. She will hurt Stefan again...I know it. I'll kill her before that happens. I'm not going to let anything happen to him.

And sure he'll be mad. He'll probably hate me, if he doesn't already; but at least he'll be safe. I don't know how the hell she's here, and I don't know how she's fooling him,but I'm not fooled. I'll kill her before I let her do anything to Stefan.