Chapter 47-Valentine's Day Massacre

Elena

I lunged, the flat-tipped piece of wood clutched in my hand. I expected him to dodge to the right, so I swung right. He stumbled and fell to the floor; I brought my hand up and was about to touch the wood to his chest when he grabbed my throat. 

"You're dead."

"Damnit!" I cried, dropping the wood and climbing off Stefan. 

"You're getting better; you just have to remember not to give me any time to do anything." Stefan stood and offered his hand to me. 

I took it, and he helped me stand up, "I always think it's enough." 

"Don't think that. Just give it your all, until they're dead."

It had been two weeks since Jared had attacked me in the parking lot.  Stefan was furious when I told him, and he went back to the parking lot, but as I suspected, Jared was long gone. Apart from his usual worry, Stefan was actually proud of my skills. 

When I told him about the thought I had to push my thumbs into Jared's eyes, he thought it was just basic instinct. However, when Stefan started training me the next day, and we both soon found out that that wasn't the case. 

It was very easy for me to predict what Stefan would do next and how to counter-act it. I thought that it was because Stefan and are so close but, when he asked Damon to try, we realized that I could usually think ahead of both of them. 

When Damon left, I told Stefan it could be because I'm clairvoyant, but he didn't say much on it. We've been practicing every day after school, and though Stefan thinks I've made a lot of progress, I'm not sure I have. 

"Elena, the only thing you need to remember is that you have to keep trying to win. Even when you have someone pinned to the floor, and you're ready to kill, they could overpower you. Keep fighting until they're dead." He repeated. 

"Okay." I rubbed my side and took a drink of water. At first, Stefan had been very careful with me, then I got mad at him and told him that Jared wouldn't go easy on me, and since then he's given me his 'full strength.' I still think he's holding back. 

Which might be a good thing; I ache after each practice and often have bruises on my sides and legs, which I try to keep hidden from him so that he doesn't freak out, and I have been getting bloody noses pretty often. 

I'll get them after practice, in the middle of the night, and at school sometimes. Bonnie told me that it happens to her when she first started using her powers, so I tried to convince Stefan that it really was because of my 'gift,' but I don't think he really believes me.  

"Okay, we will start again on Monday."

"What? Why? You said we would practice every day except weekends. It's only Thursday."

"Elena, it's Valentine's Day. I'm not pinning you to the ground tomorrow, alright? I'd like to take you to dinner instead."

I shook my head; I kept forgetting. "Well, I don't really mind you pinning me to the ground." I grabbed the front of his shirt, stood on my tiptoes, and kissed him softly. 

"Mmm, don't tempt me." He kissed my mouth chastely and then took my hand. 

*

Before we walked into my house, I could hear Caroline inside shouting. I looked curiously at Stefan, and he sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"I'm in trouble." We walked in, and Caroline hounded on us. 

"I told you to have her here by 6:30 sharp!"