Chapter 3-The Party*Edited

This Chapter has been edited:

Rephrasing

Added details

Dialouge changes 

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

"What?! Why can't I go?!" I snapped looking at both of my parents. 

"We don't want you to go tonight, because everyone will be drinking and having sex and whatever else teenagers do!" My dad said. "I have to go tonight, I promised a lot of people! I've had this planned for weeks!" My dad scowled. "Elena, I don't care who you promised...you are not going!" I stared at him in disbelief.

"What have I done to make you decide that I can't go?" I half shouted. 

"Don't raise your voice! I just don't want you going!" 

"UGH! I am the responsible one and you let Jeremy do anything!"

"That is not true!" 

Now it was my turn to scoff. "That is so true! Jeremy is never home who knows what he's doing but yet I'm the one that can't go out and enjoy myself." I shouted and then I ran upstairs and slammed my door. 

I stood there for a minute angirly running my hands through my hair, then I ran to my closet  and quickly changed into a new pair of jeans and a flower pattern tank top from my closet.  I ran my fingers through my hair and put on some lip gloss.  

I had a tree outside my window.  I walked over to the window, and looked at my door. There was no way they were going to ruin my night! Then I gingerly climbed out the window. Jeremy and I use to climb down the tree all the time. But it had been a couple years, I was rusty. 

I called Bonnie when I hit the ground, and told her to meet me three blocks down, telling her why.

"You shouldn't do this, Elena!" 

"Why not? This is the first thing that I've done that is against their rules! Let me do it, Bonnie." 

We got to the woods in about 15 minutes. When we got out, Caroline ran up to me, "God this is so fun! I just made out with that kid who got suspended!" She screamed over the music. 

I laughed, grabbing a beer from the table. I quickly drank the whole thing, it burned my throat and made my eyes water. I blinked and cleared my throat.

Just then Tyler came up to me. "Hey, Elena, I came to ask you a question." He said. 

"Okay, shoot..." 

"Matt wants to know why you broke up with him."

"Oh...tell Matt to come ask me himself!"

Tyler just laughed, and walked off. I grabbed another beer and started dancing. I noticed that Matt got pissed off when Tyler hadn't come back with any information. I laughed, I told him why I wanted to break up, and if he wants to talk he can do it himself. 

It was almost midnight when I heard someone shout, "Parents!" A few kids who had been smoking ran off while others tried to hide their beer bottles. I rolled my eyes and kept dancing until I heard my dads voice. 

"ELENA!!" 

"Crap." I said turning to see his face red with anger. I handed my bottle to Bonnie and ran towards him.

"Good luck!" she called.

He got in the car then turned and looked at me. "So this is what you do?" I didn't speak to him; I just buckled my seat belt.

He scowled and turned the car around. "Dammit! I thought we only had to worry about Jeremy! You are more responsible than this Elena!" He shouted, my mother said nothing from the front seat. 

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Something wasn't right. The road looked glossy and slick.

"Grayson be careful up here." my mom said touching his arm but as soon as she said the words the car started to slide. I gripped the side of my door as my heart constricted with fear. 

"Dad!" I shouted as the car broke through the guard rails and we plunged into the lake.