Chapter 32-Bad Dreams*Edited

Grammatical errors

************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

I felt the scream bubble up in my throat before it came up, I was shocked that it was mine; it didn't sound like me. The man didn't even flinch, as though he was expecting me to do that. Every ounce of my body was flooded with fear. I was still screaming, but neither Bonnie nor Jeremy was moving.

The scream froze in my throat as I realized that Bonnie's neck was slit along with Jeremy's and the man wielding the bloody knife had blood all over himself. I went to scream again ready to protect myself in any way, though tears were stinging my eyes.

I grabbed the wood dresser by my bed and broke off a piece of wood; when I blinked he was right in front of me. He hit me and I felt my lip bust open and I stabbed the wood in his arm. With my eyes burning, that was the best hit I could get. He dropped the knife and it hit the side of my cheek. I was starting to shake...or someone was shaking me.

I heard someone calling my name frantically, and at first I thought it was Stefan. But the voice wasn't as sweet and it was much deeper. I looked around flinging my arms to see someone and keep the attacker away from me.

All the sudden I hit the floor and woke up from my dream. Alaric was gripping my shoulders tightly and shaking me. He realized when I awoke and wiped the hair from my tear stricken face. "Elena! Are you OK?!" He asked.

I shook my head and placed my hand on my forehead. Then I proceeded to move down to my cheek but I felt a hot liquid. At first I thought it was all the tears on my face, but then I realized that my mouth was full of blood.

I looked over quickly to see Bonnie and Jeremy hovering over me. "Maybe we should call Stefan." Jeremy noted looking at my face. 

I shook my head no, "Don't bother him with this." although I wished more than anything that he could come.

I was still shaking and I noticed all the sweat on my arms. I put one hand on Alaric's shoulder and the other on the bed and then I carefully pulled myself up. My dad, who was hovering in the corner of my room, immediately come over to check my wounds.

"You may have just scratched yourself." I nodded, althought that didn't feel like what happened. I smiled a weak smile as if to somehow reassure him. After a very long hug from my mother, I walked to the bathroom. I flicked on the light and the sudden brightness made my eyes burn.

After the initial shock of the light I stared at the mirror. My hair was disheveled; my throat was red and hurt badly from screaming. My cheek was cut right where the man from my dream had dropped the knife and my lip was split open; both still bleeding profusely.

As I reached for a tissue to wipe the blood off, I noticed my arms were bruised and I had splinters in my hands from pulling the wood off the desk. I carefully pulled them out and started wiping away the blood. After a few minutes I turned off the light, letting my image fade into darkness and walked back into my room.

Everyone was standing there and even though my voice was hoarse and barely whisper I managed to say, "I'm alright, it was just a bad dream. Everyone can go back to sleep." I reassured them, although I'm pretty sure it didn't work.  

My dad and mom nodded reminding me that it was just a bad dream, kissed and hugged me goodnight. Jenna who had entered the room while I was in the bathroom nodded, looking worried, but said goodnight anyways.

Jeremy came and wrapped me in a hug and then kissed me on the cheek. "You sure you're ok kid?" He asked. 

I smiled and hugged him back, "I'm fine. It really was just a bad dream." 

Bonnie then grabbed my hand gently and pulled me over to the bed. "You're ok now." She said reassuringly. I smiled and hugged her holding the tears back. 

"Thanks!" I said and she smiled cupping my face in her hands and kissing me on the cheek.

Alaric walked over, but as he bent to wipe the hair from my face I heard something crack. He bent down and chuckled. "You must have had some dream; you broke the wood off your dresser." He said placing it by the lamp on my dresser. I faked a laugh and he hugged me goodnight and told me I would be fine.

But before Alaric had the chance to turn off the light I looked at the piece of wood by my lamp, and saw that there was still blood on it; then the light flickered out.  

Stefan's POV

I sat there just watching her; it made me feel like such a creeper. It was now 8; I couldn't sleep after I had woken up at 6. I heard my phone vibrate and without taking my eyes off Caroline I picked up my phone. It was a message from Jeremy. 

Elena had a bad dream last night and she was screaming when Rick woke her up. Her lip is busted, her cheek iscut, and she broke a piece of wood off her bedside table. When I looked at the piece of wood it was covered in dry blood.  

Panic flooded through me. I texted him back quickly.

Send me a picture of everything. Is she ok?! 

That boy did not text back immediately which made me start to pace and finally when I was dialing his number I got his message. I growled in the back of my throat.   

Yeah she says she is OK but I don't really believe her...I'll send the pics.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. My phone vibrated in my hand. I saw her asleep with a bruised lip and a cut cheek, it made me heart ache. Then I saw the piece of wood.  There was a million thoughts running through my head as to what the heck was happening.

I couldn't go over there now, I had to help Caroline. I texted Jeremy back as a last resort. T

ell her to call me as soon as she wakes up ok?

He texted me back immediately this time. 

Got it.

That wasn't just a regular bad dream there was no way. I sat down back in the chair and looked at Caroline. My head hurt from everything I was trying to digest. Then I had an idea, I just had to call and schedule an appointment.