Chapter 41-Clairvoyant

Elena's POV

Weeks passed and the only thing that truly happened was the deteriorating relationship between Matt and Caroline. Matt never felt comfortable sitting with us at lunch, so Caroline stayed with us during lunch with the promise of hanging out with Matt later that night. That lasted about 3 days.

Caroline and Tyler had more classes together and were working together on semester projects and mid-terms. Matt with insanely grumpy and Caroline and Tyler barely noticed. Lauren caught on and now her and Matt seem to be spending some more time together but Caroline doesn't seem to think twice about it. 

Bonnie and I knew it wouldn't be long before Caroline and Tyler finally got together. Stefan and Damon seemed obsessed about what happened on Halloween for a couple of weeks but Damon soon lost interest, although I could still tell Stefan was still worried about it.  

As I laid down that night snuggled up to Stefan, I felt much safer than I have in the past few weeks. I heard a small knock and both Stefan and me looked up. My mother stood in the doorway, her long dark hair wet from her recent shower. She was wearing a long silk pink robe and clutched the opening together with her fist. 

"Sorry you two, I was wondering if you could help me go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving tomorrow? Your father has to work and I could use some company."

"Absolutely Mom!"

"Yeah, no problem." 

"Good, I needed a man to carry the turkey." She quipped turning around and walking to her bedroom. Stefan chuckled and rubbed my back with my thumb. Soon enough I fell fast asleep.

Stefan stood looking down at his hands; flexing them. 

"Perfect." He whispered, looking up and smiling. A tall woman with short black tousled hair giggled and grabbed his bicep. 

"Enough Raylinne. This isn't play time." He snapped

The way he spoke rubbed me the wrong way. He sounded harsher, and his eyes seemed darker. Then I noticed the surroundings. They were standing under the tree by my window. It was the evening, the sun setting left traces of pink and red streaked across the horizon. 

"He won't be back until about 9:30." She said biting her lip and looking at him seductively. Her voice was high-pitched and nasally. He didn't even look at her.

"Make sure of it. You know he won't tolerate another mistake from you." 

She looked down in fear and held her breath. 

"Go Raylinne. I can handle this. Give me the signal if they come early." 

She ran off and was gone in the blink of the eye. I looked carefully at Stefan. He stood with an angry snarl on his face, his muscles and back tight. My core tingled in anxiety. Whoever this was, it wasn't Stefan.

He hoped onto the tree and then suddenly I foud myself in my room. I was standing, looking at myself on my bed. I had a pencil in my mouth and my calculus book open. I heard a tap on the window and watched myself jump up from the bed and open the window. 

"What are you doing? I thought you were with Damon?" 

"Yeah turns out it was a dead end." He said walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Are you ok?" I asked sitting cross-legged in front of him. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" 

I didn't answer him. I walked over to myself and leaned close. "It's not Stefan. Come on Elena you can tell." 

Suddenly I looked behind me. I was looking directly at myself. Uh, I cringed at the bags under my eyes. I hope this isn't what I look like all the time.