Chapter 36-Stefan's Fury*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Grammatical errors

Rephrasing

***************************************************************************************

Stefan's POV

      I swept the floor slowly, well slower than the average Vampire. I liked taking my time with the little chores I had. It allowed me time to stay busy instead of just laying around. My mind wandered to Damon, who I knew was breathing heavily on the floor of the basement.

How long was I going to keep him there until I realized the inevitable? He was going to have to die, and I knew I had to be the one to do it. So why couldn't I summon the courage to do it? He killed Lexi, he killed my best friend. He murdered Jeremy; he promised me a life time of misery...and yet I couldn't do it. Why?!

I stopped sweeping and placed the broom under my chin. Because it didn't make sense. Damon got what he wanted, he got Sam back. Why all the sudden when she leaves does he go crazy like that? It didn't make any sense, logically or emotionally.

Damon does causes pain and misery wherever he goes though. I shook my head; I leaned the broom against the staircase and walked down to the basement. I stood outside the door with my hand on the handle. It was perfectly safe to open it; he was to weak to fight.

I swiftly threw open the door and looked at my own flesh and blood on the ground. He was a sickly pale green, he looked thinner and his skin was sunken and beginning to blacken. He barely even raised his head. 

"Why did you do it Damon?" I asked for the thousandth time

"I told you..." He rasped "I didn't. I don't know what happened. I don't know what you're talking about."

It took his several deep breaths and coughs to spit out that sentence and a ping went through my heart. I took a step forward and then caught myself. He needs to be weak until you decide. I clenched my fists to keep from reaching out. I shook my head trying to rid it of emotions. Be logical Stefan.

"Damon...please..." I said my voice low

He made a sound almost like a strangled sob. I clenched my fists tighter. "Stefan, I don't understand." he breathed. I let out my breath in a long sigh. 

"I can't help you then." I quickly shut the door and walked back up stairs, hearing him wimply call for me. 

I stood there and ran my shaking hands through my hair. I don't know what to do! For a moment my mind thought back to the brother I knew when I was younger. The Damon that would play football with me and ruffle my hair when I "won". I looked down at the scar on my palm. The one I thought I could tell anything too.

I quickly shook my head. I refused to be plagued by those memories anymore. I'm better than that. I walked towards the stairs and picked up the broom. It was then noticed Caroline's statistics book on the coffee table.

Crap! She has homework she needs to make up for that class. She must have forgotten it. I looked toward the stairway of the basement. I didn't want to leave him here alone for very long. Which is why I'm here instead of with Elena. I'll just run it over quickly.

It took my 23 seconds to get there, a new record, I smiled proudly. I walked in to the dim lights and went to the front desk. Mrs. Episky, the school librarian who worked here after hours, sat with her big glasses and lip in her mouth. 

From the outside it looked as though she was reading Catcher in the Rye when in all actuality she has 50 Shades of Grey hidden behind it. I cleared my throat and she jumped. She released her lip and then licked it. "Oh my...Stefan hello..." She said her tone low. I held back the urge to shudder.