Chapter 33-Confused*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Grammatical errors

Rephrasing

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

I turned over and my cheek hurt. I groaned as I remembered what had happened last night. I stood up carefully. I was a little dizzy but I steadied myself. I held onto the rail as I walked downstairs. I heard people whispering and I shook my head. I could bet my life they were talking about me.

As I came down Jeremy ran up and grabbed me. "You should have stayed in bed!" He exclaimed helping me down the last step. Alaric stood and looked at me up and down. I gave a weak smile and he returned it. Jeremy helped me sit down and I sighed.

"Are you alright?" Alaric asked as Bonnie sat beside me. My mother and father along with Jenna were all hoverinh over me. 

"I'm fine!" I said. They all look skeptical but I put on my best smile. 

"Are you hungry?" Mom asked, I nodded.

"You need to call Stefan." Jeremy said handing me his phone. My heart skipped in my chest. What would he say? Would he know what happened? I quickly dialed his number and put the phone to my ear. He didn't answer on the first ring and I knew if I would have called on my phone he would have.

"Jeremy! Is she ok? What the hell happened? I need to talk to her!!" He said over the phone I tried not to laugh because I knew he was worried but I couldn't help it.

 I closed mym eyes at the sound of his voice and said, "It's me, babe!" I heard him groan into the phone.

"Oh beautiful, what happened to you huh? Are you ok?" He asked.

 I smiled, "I'm...I'm here." I heard him sigh and get up, probably pacing. 

"Elena, what happened? Who attacked you huh? I find it really hard to believe that you did this to yourself." He exclaimed and I leaned my head on Jeremy's shoulder.

"I did...it was all a..dream." I said not even able to convince myself. He scoffed and then humphed into the phone. 

"Elena-" He started but I cut him off. 

"No! Don't start with this Stefan. I already told you last night what my thoughts on the situation and I don't want to hear anymore about it! Focus on Caroline!" I said angrily and hung up the phone handing it to Jeremy. 

I stood up quickly, which made me wobble a little and Alaric caught me. I pulled out of his grip. "I'm not a child!" I turned angrily and started to walk up the stairs. "I'm going to take a shower!"

Stefan's POV

I was so upset I could have crushed the phone in my hand. The thing was I didn't know who I was more angry at...her or me. I was about to call her back when I heard Caroline groan. I walked to the couch and knelt down beside her, placing my hand on her forehead.

"Mmmm..." She said turning over so she was closer to me. 

"Caroline..." I mumbled and she gave a soft smile. 

"Mom? Oh I had a horrible dream...it was so...sad." If my heart could break it would've just then.

"Caroline...it's Stefan...remember last night?" I asked and her eyes shot open and she jumped up knocking me back.

 "NO!" She cried and I quickly got up. 

"Caroline! Stay calm ok! You're a lot stronger than you were. Just sit down." I said grabbing her wrist.

In a flash I heard a crack and I dropped to the floor holding my limp wrist. She screamed and started to cry kneeling beside me. "I'm...I'm so so sorry I didn't m-mean too!" She said. I let out a rough laugh and held it in place to heal. In a matter of seconds it was back to normal.

"No harm no foul." I said as she stared in horror at my hand. "Caroline...I know you're scared and confused, but I need you to tell me who attacked you." She bit her lip and ran her hand roughly through her hair. 

"I-I don't know...I didn't know him." She said. 

"So it was a man?" I asked the anger in the pit of my stomach building. She nodded still looking unsure.

 "Was it Damon?" I asked and her eyes got wide; I could tell she was trying to think. 

"No...It wasn't." The anger I had was suddenly replaced with disappointment and yet relief.

"I didn't know him." She said and I could tell she was sure. "Stefan...I don't want to kill anyone else." She said and I smiled grabbing her chin. 

"You won't have too!"

Tyler's POV

It was eating me alive. Mason told me all the horrible details and the biggest one, 'don't tell anyone!' but there was no one I could talk too. My dad and Mason had gotten into a fight and Mason had left; leaving me all alone. 

When I actually thought about telling someone I would stop myself. 'Who would believe me?' 'Who in the hell would possibly understand?' I had locked myself in my room trying to shut myself off from people.

The full moon...so cliche, and I would have to do it all on my own. I would have no one to help me. It's so funny how a week ago I was care free and worrying if I had a spare condom. Now I'm wondering if I can actually be around people again.

Mason made it very clear that this is who I am now. There is no going back. I just have to accept the fact that I'm a...monster

Caroline's POV

3 deer, 2 mountain lions, and 16 bunnies. That's all Stefan caught. I caught zilch! How in the hell could I do this? It was to damn hard, but what was the alternative? All Stefan kept saying was 'Don't tell anyone!' That was easy though; who would believe me? 

I wanted to just stay in the house and not go outside but Stefan said I had to learn, and that the more I practiced the easier it would be. It's funny because a week ago I was only worried about if Matt liked me. Now I'm terrified I'll rip his throat out.

Stefan said I just need to accept myself. I can't change who I am and even though he's says I'm not, I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm a....monster