Chapter 4- The Look Alike*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Details Added

Rephrasing

***************************************************************************************

Stefan's POV

I lifted my head from the deer I was eating. I just heard something...yes, it sounded like a crash. It wasn't too far off, maybe a mile or two. I wiped the blood from my face with the back of my hand.

I ran as fast as I could towards the noise which led me to Wickery Bridge, I barely saw the top of a car disappearing in the water; before I could even think, I dived in.

I saw a white SUV and swam to it. I broke open the driver door and grabbed the man out of the front seat. Then I grabbed the woman from the passenger seat. She shook her head, and pointed to the back seat. I saw a girl floating her dark hair wrapped around her face.

I grunted shifting throwing the woman and man over my arm and my shoulder then breaking open the door I grabbed her out, and pulled all three of them to shore. Both the woman and man were coughing as I placed them down on the bridge. The girl wasn't even moving.

"My daughter, Elena!" The man choked.

I laid her gently on the ground, and moved her hair away from her face. I gasped. This was impossible! Katherine was dead!

But she looked just like her. Hatred boiled up inside of me. How could she be alive!?

"Katherine?" I asked my voice was low. But I wasn't sure what was wrong with her. I could hear a heartbeat. Katherine didn't have a beating heart; she didn't have a heart.

Just then she sat up and coughed.

"Katherine?" I asked again.

She opened her eyes, and in that instant I knew she wasn't Katherine. She had the most beautiful blue eyes I'd ever seen. My whole body seemed to be on high alert and I didn't know if it was from what I just did or from the way she was looking at me. She blinked a couple times then smiled at me.

She sat up, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Oh my..." she said.

"What's your name?" I said.

I wanted to see if she had any head trauma. I held back a scoff. Yeah because you're going to be able to tell if she has any. You don't know her at all.

"Elena...Gilbert, you are...beautiful." I smiled a little and she gasped.

From far off, I could hear the ambulance. Who called an ambulance? I looked around to see if there was anyone but I saw no one. Nobody could know I saved them. But I couldn't leave her. I set her down gently on the road and walked over to the man.

"You don't remember me. You saved your family all by yourself." I said. His eyes dilated and he repeated my words. I then walked over to the woman, saying the same thing. Her husband saved their lives.

Then I walked over to the girl. She was watching me closely. "You don't remember anything after you went into the water. I was never here."

When I finished, she was still looking at me. She leaned in close to me, so close that I could smell her. I took a deep breath. She smelled like cinnamon and vanilla, what my mom used to smell like I think.

I didn't even know she was doing it, until her lips met mine. My throat constricted and burned as I heard her heart beat pick up and I felt her lips against mine. My instinct was to pull her head back and bite her but her lips on mine was so distracting.

Katherine was the only woman to ever kiss me and it was nothing like this. My whole body tingled and the sensation made me shake a little. I would've stayed right there had it not been for the sound of the ambulance getting louder and louder.

I pulled away quickly and set her back onto the road. "I'll come for you..." I murmured, turning on my heel and running back into the woods. I stayed there and watched as the paramedics loaded them all up and drove off.

I had to find out who she was...I had to know her I thought as I placed my fingers on my mouth.