Chapter 15- The Hospital*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Rephrasing

Grammatical Errors

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

I was still shaking even after the ambulance came and got Vicki. Matt went with her to the hospital and Jeremy got a ride home with Caroline. "Hey...have you seen Stefan, I need a ride home..." I said approaching Bonnie and looking around. I hadn't seen him since I went after Jeremy.

"Um...he had to leave so he asked me to give you a ride home." Bonnie said quietly. "Hey...she's gonna be okay alright don't worry!"  

"It's not that....I can't believe an animal attack happened...I mean it could have been you, wandering in the forest or...Jeremy...."  She said shaking.

"Bonnie...it's okay...let me drive you home and I'll give your car back tomorow." She just nodded and I helped her into her car. She was definitely in no condition to drive. She didn't speak the whole way to her house and when I pulled into her driveway she didn't move.

"Come on Bonnie." I said but she wasn't moving. I got out of the car and walked her inside. Her dad swung open the door and pulled her into a hug. "I think she's in shock!" I said, rubbing her back. "Oh Elena thank you for bringing her back!" He said. "No problem I'll just bring her car back tomorow." He just nodded and closed the door.

I walked slowly back to Bonnie's car thinking about what happened. Why did Stefan leave so early...I mean what is he like afraid of blood or something? I laughed. Maybe...or he could be a vampire! I laughed harder at the thought. "Oh I crack myself up!"

I drove home quickly and walked inside. I figured mom and dad were all in bed and I checked on Jeremy before I got into bed. He looked a little restless but otherwise fine, as fine as I could imagine he would be. 

I quickly got into bed and looked at my phone. Maybe I should call Stefan and see if he was okay. I grabbed my phone dialed his number. Before I pressed talk I paused, maybe he was asleep. I don't want to wake him. Well if you wake him at least you'll know he's okay.

I pressed talk and he answered in one ring. "Elena?" He asked, he sounded worried. 

"Hey are you okay?" 

"Yes...what about you...I'm sorry I had to leave...oh are you okay? I have been you worried about you and I thought maybe I should go back but then..and I thought maybe you were...but that was crazy, but I had a right...and are you okay?" He muttered.

I didn't understand half of what he was saying but I just answered as best I could, "Yes...I am okay, a little shaken but I'm fine...why did you just leave?"

"Um.......Zack called and I had to come home. I'm REALLY sorry, I shouldn't have just left and...oh man I was gonna call you, but I thought you might be asleep but then again you might have been hurt. I wasn't sure and I wasn't just gonna call you...I mean we're not that close...but I will still thinking about it....and I-."

"Stefan!" I said cutting him off. 

"What?" He said. He sounded nervous and worried. 

"I'm fine really...here...hold on a sec okay!"

 "Ok." He sounded still worried. I took a quick picture of myself and sent it to him.

"Oh..." He said and I heard him trying to open the message and I suppressed a giggle. "Oh...you look...cute...and fine! You look fine." I laughed. I heard him mess with something and then a message popped up on my screen.

I opened it and saw a pic of Stefan smiling up at the phone. I laughed. "Yep you're as hot as ever!" I said but immediatley regreted it. I can't believe I just said that. "You...you think I'm hot?" He asked.

"Um..Stefan I got to go I'll call you tomorow bye!" I said and hung up. I felt my cheeks get red hot and I groaned. "You're an idiot!" I told myself.

Matt's POV

I was sitting looking at Vick's bandaged neck. How the hell did this happen?  Animals did this? I could't loose her...if I did I would have no one.

 Just watching her was complete torture. Her heart monitor sped up and I thought she was probably having a bad dream. I hated this...I lost Elena...my mom was no where to be found and my dad was dead.

I literally have no one. I groaned. She stirred and I moved my chair a little closer to her bed. "Oh Vicki I'm so sorry...." I muttered grasping her hand.

But suddenly she sat up clutching at her neck. "Vick what's wrong?!" I said. And she just spoke one word before passing out, "Vampire!"

Stefan's POV

She thought I was hot...of course I already knew that but she actually said it to me. I smiled and laughed. I was right under her window staring up into her room. Yes this doesn't read stalker, I thought laughing again.

The night seemed to pass quickly...but about 3 A.M I heard her stir. "Mmmm....please?" I quickly jumped on the tree right beside her window. She was smiling and grasping her sheet in one hand. "Just one kiss?" She mumbled. Who was she talking about? "Stefan...please?"

I couldn't believe it...she was dreaming about us...kissing? "I love you too!" Out of suprise I let go of the branch and fell to the ground. "Ow!" I whispered and looked down at my broken wrist. I readjusted the bone back in and it quickly healed.

She dreamt about...ME! About loving....ME! I almost ran into her house and kissed her. I was getting tired...but somehow everytime I thought about her dreaming of me I woke up a little. Finally at 5 when her dad woke up, I left and went back to the Boarding House to get a nap before school.

When I woke up I was a little late so I just used my handy dandy vamp speed. I got to school with ten minutes left to spare. I saw Matt standing alone and he looked worried. I was going to walk up to him and ask how Vicki was but Elena beat me to it.

"Hey! How's Vicki?" She asked placing a hand on his shoulder. "Um...she's okay..but last night when I was with her...she must have been having a bad dream or something...'cause she just sat up and said....look I know this is wierd...she said 'Vampire!'"

I froze while Elena laughed and muttered something about medication. Damon obviously thought he killed her...but she remembered. Now what the hell was I gonna do? Okay relax...breathe...when school gets out you will just have to go to the hospital and compel her to forget...It was gonna be difficult but..it had to be done.

I walked into school after a minute and saw Elena at her locker. I decided to make my move. I came up behind her and said, "So? You think I'm hot?" She spun around and her cheeks turned red as the blood rushed to her face. "I...um...I..was..tired!" She said.

I laughed. "Sure Elena whatever helps you sleep at night!" I said walking away. The rest of the day she argued with me but I just laughed it off and smiled. I drove to the hospital after school and ask the receptionist, "Which room is Vicki Donavan in?" 

"I'm sorry I can't release that information to you." She said.

"Tell me what room Vicki Donavan is in..." I said compelling her. 

"203..." 

"Thanks!" I said quickly walking away. I found her room easily and saw her awake, sitting up in bed eating Jello. "What are you doing here?" She asked when she saw me.

"Vicki...." I whispered leaning over her. "You don't remember the man that attacked you...it was an animal...I was never here and you were just walking in the woods and you were attacked by an animal. I was never here!" 

She repeated what I said and I turned and left. Hopefully that worked, I thought walking out the hospital doors. Cause if it didn't I'm screwed!