Chapter 39-Who Are You?

Elena's POV

I woke up when I felt something cold pressed against my cheek. I opened my eyes a little and I could make out Stefan hovering over me. I couldn't see him well but even his blob was gorgeous; I giggled. 

"What's so funny?" He asked running his thumb down my cheek and over my bottom lip. I opened my eyes and smiled; his hair was messy and he didn't have a shirt on. It looked as though he had just woken up himself.

"Even when you're blurry you're gorgeous," I said, pointing my toes and stretching my arms. He chuckled and kissed me briefly on the lips.

"Time to get up and get ready!" He said quickly running to the window and opening the curtains. I held my elbow up over my eyes and squinted. 

"Uh! It's too bright Stefan!" I cried, pulling the pillow out from under my head and putting it over my face. I heard him laugh and sit next to me on the bed.

"It's cloudy outside Elena." He said pulling the pillow away from my face and looking into my eyes. 

"Still too bright..." I muttered, my heart beat quickening as he looked at me. I propped myself on my elbows and leaned forward.

"I want to kiss you, but I have morning breath," I whispered as his face was inches from mine.

"Elena, I drink blood; I don't care about morning breath. I want to kiss the woman I love." He said reaching out and holding the side of my face.

"I don't know whether to be disgusted by that statement or flattered," I said as he pulled me closer; his bottom lip almost touching mine.

He smirked and then closed the distant between our mouths. His lips, like always, were chilly but they made me feel warm. I ran my hand up his jaw and into his hair; tugging slightly.

He groaned and I smiled pulling a little harder; he reacted immediately by gripping my hips and pulling me down onto the bed. He climbed on top of me, his mouth never leaving mine; I pressed my fingers into his back and pulled him as close to me as possible.

All the sudden the door swung open and Bonnie and Caroline popped in, "Oooo la la!!" They giggled and Stefan broke away from me. I sat up and threw the nearest pillow at them. They laughed and squealed shutting the door and running away.

I laughed and laid back down; Stefan looked grumpy. "I can never catch a break." He muttered and I laughed reaching for his arm and pulling him next to me. I kissed and laid my head on his shoulder. 

"My poor baby!" I teased and he chuckled kissing my forehead and then getting off the bed. 

"Rise and shine beautiful, we gotta go soon." 

I grudgingly got out of bed and went to Caroline's room. We all got ready rather quickly, so we left for school early. When we got there, we sat outside the front door in the grass. Jeremy and Tyler came shortly after and sat with us.

Bonnie and Jeremy were giggling and falling all over each other, Tyler and Caroline were discussing the myths of vampires and werewolves; with Stefan and I occasionally adding our own opinions. 

I looked around our small group; I had no idea how long we had been sitting here or how long we had left before the bell rang but it seemed that for that time we were all just normal teenagers. No secrets, no drama, no pain or sadness, just us; friends. Sitting and being with each other.

I sighed and leaned on Stefan's shoulder; today was gonna be a good day. I didn't want it to end. "Hey, do you guys wanna come over for like a pizza/movie night tonight?" I asked sitting up and looking around.