Chapter 5- My Perfect Stranger*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Added Details

Rephrasing 

***************************************************************************************

Jeremy's POV

'Who in God's name would be callling at 1 in the morning?' I thought, as I walked downstairs and grabbed the house phone.

"Hello?" I said sleepily rubbing my eyes.

"Yes, is that Jeremiah Gilbert?" 

"Um...yeah who is this?" Why the hell is this lady calling me by my full name?

"This is Sarah, I am an employee at Memorial Hospital. I am calling to tell you that your parents, Miranda and Grayson Gilbert, and your sister, Elena Gilbert, are in the hospital. They were in a car accident." 

My heart skipped a beat. 

"WELL, ARE THEY OKAY?" I shouted down the phone. 

"We need you to come down to the hospital please." 

"I'll be right there!" I said. 

I ran upstairs and threw on some suitable clothes. Then I grabbed the keys to the car, and drove quickly to the hospital. 

I ran up to the desk and said quickly, "I'm looking for Miranda, Grayson and Elena Gilbert!"

The receptionist nonchalantly typed the three names into the comnputer. 

"Yes...Miranda and Grayson are in room 302, and Elena is still in surgery." 

"SURGERY? WHY IS SHE IN SURGERY?" 

"She has punctured a lung." The woman answered in a bored, monotone voice. 

I felt like I could pass out. If Elena dies...I shuddered at the thought and half-ran to the elevators. 

When I got to the room, I saw my mother laying on a bed. 

"Mom are you okay?" I said as I knelt beside her.

"I'm fine, your dad is fine, too...he pulled us all out of the car...but, Elena." I nodded. I didn't want to hear her say it. I didn't realize that I was crying. 

"Jeremy, it is going to be okay...come, lay with me." She offered. I crawled up on the bed, and cried holding onto her tightly.

Elena's POV

I was dreaming. This boy...he was so perfect...I kissed him...my perfect stranger. 

No! He is leaving me! 

"I'll come for you..." He said, then he was gone and I collapsed, finding it was getting harder to breath. 

But that didn't really happen...did it? I felt myself waking up and I called for the boy, but it was too late.

My eyes fluttered open, and I saw the white of the hospital room. I looked around, but my stomach ached, mainly from hunger but there was another pain I wasn't sure about. 

"Elena?" I heard Jeremy's voice. 

"Jer?" I said, my voice scratchy from my parched throat. 

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He seemed frantic, and he probably looked worse than I did. 

"I'm fine...oh, god, what about mom and dad?"

"They're okay! They are fine, you just need to worry about you!" He explained.

"Why...what happened to me?" 

"Well, you punctured a lung but you're okay, you still have both of them." I sighed. "You need to get your rest, okay? Go back to sleep, everything is fine." 

That wasn't hard, though - within two minutes, I was out

One and a half weeks later:

I walked right out of the hospital, feeling fine. Jeremy had his arm around mom, and dad was walking next to me. 

I had apologized to them so many times and of course they had forgiven me. They thought the accident alone was enough and told me to listen next time and I would. That was my first and last time disobeying my parents.

I was so glad that they weren't mad at me and so glad that they were okay. If anything had happened it would've been my fault. I shuddered. 

When we got home, Bonnie was at the door with Caroline. They both hugged me and helped me to my room. 

"We are so glad you are okay, Elena." Caroline breathed a sigh of relief. 

"I'm fine, I'm just really tired. We talked for awhile, it was nice to been with them I had missed both of them so much. After a while I could feel myself getting tired again and they both stood to leave and let me nap. Bonnie kissed me on the forehead and Caroline smiled. 

 I laid down carefully and closed my eyes. Since the accident, all I could think about was my perfect stranger. So, when I dozed off on my bed, I dreamed of him.