Chapter 20-The Turning Point*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Details to plot added

Grammatical Errors

Rephrasing

***************************************************************************************

Stefan's POV

The big game was tonight and I was really nervous; beside that, Damon had been invited into Elena's house and that made things so much worse. I walked silently into the living room not wanting Damon to hear me.

"Uncle Stefan?" Zack asked. I turnedaround to see him, holding a small box. 

"Yes?" I asked barely more than a whisper. 

"I thought you might want to give this to Elena seeing as how Damon has been invited inside." He said and I looked into the box. It was a beautiful necklace and I could smell the vervain from inside. 

"Thanks Zack...she'll love it!" I said and grabbed my bag. "Also Stefan, I decided I am going to take that job upstate. I trust that you'll take care of the house. It's in your name anyway."

 "Of course I will. If you ever want to come back just let me know. I'm off to school, goodbye." I said and walked out the door. I got in the Jepp and texted Elena. 

Need a ride? I typed and started the car. 

Nope...got one fromm Bonnie...sorry! I smiled, although I couldn't help but feel a little dissapointed. 

That's ok see you at school. I typed then pulled out of the driveway.

ok Can't wait!!!   I laughed.

My mind then started to drift to what she would do if she found out I was a vampire. I shuddered to think how she would react if she found out or knew about Katherine. I pushed the thought out of my mind as I pulled into the parking lot of the school. I saw her standing by herself, at the double doors, waiting for me. She was looking down at her feet and muttering something.

I focused on what she was saying "Don't listen to Caroline when she's like this, you know better than that." I hopped out of the car and rushed over to her. She saw me coming and her face lit up. "Hey you!" She said lacing her fingers with mine.

I smiled. "You okay?" I asked as we walked to her locker. 

"Caroline...she's just being...Caroline, that's all." I thought for a minute.

 "What was it?" I asked. She smiled slightly. 

"She said that maybe that car accident must have messed something up because I can't do anything right anymore."

She dropped her head and I bit my lip to keep me from finding Caroline and giving her a piece of my mind. She looked up at me and smiled. "You looked pissed!" She said giggiling.

 "I am!" She laughed, tiptoed and kissed my softly on the lips. I felt the electricity again, pulling me towards her. She pulled away, "It doesn't matter! You're here now." I smiled and we walked to class.

***

After a long day, the pep rally finally came. I was nervous. I don't like a bunch of people watching me. I knew I was a good player but I knew I could still mess up. Especially with all these people around. I was walking to the field with my jersey on when I remembered the necklace. I jogged over to Elena who was talking to Bonnie. Bonnie smiled at me. "Hey Bonnie!"

I said and she repeated the greeting. "Can I talk to you?" I asked Elena and she smiled and waved goodbye to Bonnie. I pulled her away and looked into her beautiful blue eyes. 

"What did you need?" She asked politley. 

"I know this might be too soon but I wanted to give it to you!" I said and handed her the box.

She looked confused but when she opened it she gasped. "Oh! Stefan it's beautiful!" She said and picked it up. 

"Is that rose?" She asked. 

"No actually it's a herb." I said, glad that she liked it. I helped her put it on then kissed her. "I got to go!" I winked and jogged back to the field.

***

Tanner pulled me aside after the pep rally and told me I would be doing kick-off. I told him I didn't think I was ready, but he objected. It took a lot of arguing until I finally gave in. Now I was even more nervous. He walked away and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

In the end it was a good game, we won and I didn't screw it up. I felt tired so I walked behind the wall to get some water. I didn't need it, but it did help me prolong my thirst. "Having fun?" I heard his voice and spun around.

Damon was standing there watching me with a smirk on his face. "What are you doing here?" I asked nervously. 

"I came to see my little bro play! After all I did teach you every thing you know." He said.

"Damon c'mon we both know this is just a charade!" I cried. 

"A charade?" He asked still smirking. 

"You know you care! You know that if you didn't you would have killed me a long time ago! Or you would have already taken the opportunity to hurt Elena."

His smile faded and I heard footsteps. "Salvatore! What are you doing?" Tanner asked rounding the corner. 

"You think I have a heart? You think I'm not a monster? Watch this!" Before I could stop him, he grabbed Tanner and bit into his neck.

I turned my head, oh God no. "I'M A VAMPIRE AND SO ARE YOU! STOP FIGHTING IT!!!" he shouted and then was gone. I instantly dropped to my knees and put my head in my hands.

Elena's POV

Stefan was amazing tonight! I wanted to find him and congratulate him so when I saw Tyler I asked him where he was. "I think he went to go get a drink!" He said and I jogged to the alley. I heard someone talking. It sounded like Stefan.

"...Elena a long time ago!" Stefan said and my curiousity peeked. I quickly looked around the corner and saw Damon and Stefan. Damon frowned and I saw Mr. Tanner come up to them from behind the back wall. "Salvatore! What are you doing?" 

"You think I have a heart? You think I'm not a monster? Watch this!" Damon cried and I covered my mouth to keep from screaming as he bit into Tanner's neck. He was...killing him! He was...a... "I'M A VAMPIRE AND SO ARE YOU! STOP FIGHTING IT!" He shouted and then he was gone. I couldn't breathe. That wasn't possible. Tanner was dead and...Damon just...and Stefan too.

I ran away as fast as I could; I wasn't even thinking of where to go I just ran. When I stopped I realized I was at the boarding house. Should I? Maybe...maybe it wasn't real. I could ask him...he can explain....tell me that it was all a joke.

I slowly walked inside and without thinking walked to the bedroom at the top of the stairs; Stefan's room. I can wait for him here. There were journals everywhere, lined up on shelves. I walked over to the bed, looking around the room. As I sat down I noticed a journal on the bed. It was really old, it looked as though it might have belonged to own of his ancestors or something. I carefully picked it up and a picture fell out, face down on the bed.

I set the journal down and picked up the photograph. It looked just as old as the journal itself. I turned it over slowly and gasped. It's me. How...? What...? After the intial shock I looked to the bottom of the picture, where it was labeled: Katherine Pierce 1864.