Chapter 9-A Date*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Grammatical Errors

Rephrasing

Added details

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

As I walked into my house I couldn't shake the excitement I felt. "So...he is cute!" Mom said as I walked up the stairs. I turned to look at her and dad walking up the stairs. "Yeah...really hot!" I said and giggled. She laughed. I walked into my room after saying goodnight and sighed contently. 

There was something about him...something I wanted...maybe not wanted...something I needed. It made me happy to be there so close to him...I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. I got into my pajamas and laid down on my bed. I sighed again. "Goodnight Stefan." I whispered and sleep overcame me.

Stefan's POV

"Thanks for helping with dinner Stefan...so Elena huh?" I turned to look at his face. "If you could blush I think you would be redder than a tomato!" He laughed. I gave him a 'Drop Dead' look but that only made him laugh harder. "Goodnight Zack!" I said trying not to laugh myself.

 I jogged up the stairs and closed my door. I smiled and took of my shirt and my pants. I laid down on my bed and laughed. "Goodnight Elena!" I said before I fell asleep.

Elena's POV

I woke up in the the morning and  smiled to myself. Until I looked at the clock. "Shoot!" Bonnie would be here to pick me up in ten minutes! I jumped out of bed and got ready faster than I ever had. I ran down the stairs "Hey Bonnie called, you didn't answer your phone so she wanted me to tell you she's gonna be late!" Dad called. I skidded to a stop. "Seriously?"  I cried.  He shrugged. 

I sighed and walked into the kitchen. "So you like Zack's nephew huh?" I stared at him for a minute and said, "Well..." what was I supposed to say to my dad? 'Yeah I think I love him and I would really love to makeout with him!' "Yeah...a little..." I said. His eyes narrowed. "I don't think that 'little' covers what I can clearly see. I can always tell Elena." I smiled at him and blushed. Then I heard a horn honk and I ran to the door. "BYE DADDY!" I called and ran to Bonnie's car.

 "Sorry I woke up late!" She said. "So did I! Don't worry about it." I confessed. We both laughed and Bonnie said, "Hey we're all going to the Grill tonight and...maybe you should invite Stefan!" I looked at her. "Why me?" I asked in shock. "Because Caroline tried to ask him this morning they both got to school early and he turned her down, she's really upset...but I thought that maybe you could get him to!" 

My blood boiled. Caroline had flirted with Stefan?! It made me so mad! But...he turned her down. "Um..sure I'll try it!" When we pulled into the school parking lot I heard the bell ring and Bonnie and I ran into class.

"So nice for you two to join us!" Mr. Tanner called as Bonnie and I ran in the classroom and sat down. I didn't say anything just pulled out my book. "The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casaulties reasulted in this battle?" He asked.

 I smiled at Stefan and he smiled back, which made my heart flutter. "Ms. Bennette?" Bonnie jerked her head up from doodiling and looked at him in surprise. "Um...alot...I'm not sure like a whole lot!" she said and some people laughed quietly. "Cute becomes dumb in an instant Ms. Bennette!" He said angrily. She looked dowm hurt. 

"Mr. Donovan! Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your invented jock stereotype?" He said and looked at Matt. "It's okay Mr. Tanner I'm cool with it!" He said and more people laughed. "Elena? Surley you can enlighten us of one of this town most historical events?" "I'm sorry...I...I...don't know!" I sputtered out. 

"I was willing to be leniet last week for obvious reasons Elena...but the personal reasons ended with the start of this week!" His words stung and I looked down at my desk. "There were 346 casualties..." Stefan's voice rang through the room. "Unless your counting the local civilains." He finished.

 "That's correct Mr. Salvatore!" He said. "And your relashions with the orignal settlers here in Mystic Falls?" "Distant." Stefan answered. There was a hint of anger in his voice and I looked at his face. He looked perfectly cool. "Well very good...except of course there were no civilains casualties in this battle!" He said.

"Actually sir there was 27..." Mr. Tanner turned and looked at him. Everyone was looking at him. No one ever did that to Mr. Tanner! "Confederate soliders fired on the church believing it was housing weapons...and they were wrong...it was a night of great lose" He finished. "The founder's archives are stored in City Hall if you would like to brush up on your facts...Mr. Tanner!"

 I covered my mouth and Mr. Tanner shot him a posionous look. "Oh!" Half the class cried.  I just looked at him in shock. After the bell rang all we could talk about the rest of the day was how Stefan did that! When I was getting my stuff out of my locker I saw Stefan walking towards me. I realized I hadn't asked him about The Grill so I quickly closed my locker. "Stefan!" I called and he looked at me. I saw Matt turn too from his locker right were I had stopped Stefan. I wanted to pull Stefan away so Matt couldn't hear but...ah what the hell! 

"Hey...what you did for Bonnie in Mr. Tanner's was really nice." "I didn't just do it for Bonnie..." He admitted. I blushed. "Well...a bunch of us are going to The Grill tonight and I was wondering...would you like to come?" I asked shyly. 

Matt looked shocked behind Stefan. "So you're going?" He asked. "Yeah..." I trailed off bracing myself for his rejection. He wasn't going to say yes I thought, if he said no to Caroline then he is definitely going to say no to me! "Sure I guess!" He said.  I smiled and said, "Then it's a date!" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh god...I didn't mean date I just meant...." He smiled at me and said before turning and walking  away, "I guess it could be a date!"