Chapter 27-Truth Will Out*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Rephrasing

Grammatical Errors

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

You could tell by the look on Damon's face that he couldn't help but stare at her as she walked down the stairs; you could see the pain in his eyes as she avoided him. 

"Alright everyone if you could follow me to the dining room we will go ahead and have dinner!"

We all walked into the dining room and I sat down right next to Stefan. "Samantha why don't you go ahead and have a seat next to Damon Salvatore over there." I saw her sigh in defeat and reluctantly sit down next to him.

After awhile of people eating, I realized Damon was getting more and more anxious. I was just waiting for him to scream out something at her. I kept looking over at Stefan, like what could we possibly do but he didn't seem to know what to do either.

I sighed, this was Damon's problem to handle.

Damon's POV

It was torture sitting by her for that long and having her ignore me. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, "Samantha-" I said but she shook her head. 

"No Damon, please just leave me alone!" She said. 

"Sam please-" She almost cried out in frustration. "Excuse me!" She said angrily and walked into the next room.

Everyone looked confused, but I stood up and followed her. It was completely possible everyone could hear us, but I had to talk to her. I opened the door and saw her sitting there with her arms wrapped around her knees. 

"Sam?" I asked carefully.

"No! No Damon leave me alone, I'm serious!!!" she cried but she didn't move. I knelt down.

"Tell me the truth." I said. 

"You want the truth Damon? You want the truth? You killed me. You left me broken. I couldn't even believe that...and even if Katherine did send that letter Damon..." She lowered her voice considerably.

"...You fell for her...you...completely forgot about me."

"No Sam, I didn't!!! I never forgot about you. I was hurt and...I don't know, I think I just went for the first girl I saw. Sam I am so sorry...I love you so much you have no idea. I am truly sorry. Please baby girl, I can't live without you...you don't know how hard it's been for me; how much regret I have lived with all my life."

I felt like maybe there was a small chance that she would forgive me and she would forget the stupid mistakes I made with Katherine and realize that I loved her beyond anyone I've ever known. 

"Damon..." she whispered.

I cupped her face in my hands and looked at her.

 "Damon...do you love me?"  She asked shakily. 

"Oh Sam...I have never loved anyone like I love you. Of course I do; I love you so much!" I said looking in her eyes.

 "I never...stopped loving you Damon." And before my heart could even process what she was saying, her lips met mine. I moaned into her mouth; her lips felt so amazing against mine. I forgot how what this felt like, I forgot how it felt to feel complete.

I knew from this moment on I would never let her go; she was mine forever.

Elena's POV