Chapter 37-Innocent*Edited

This chapter has been edited:

Rephrasing

**************************************************************************************

Stefan's POV

"YOU DID WHAT?!" She screamed. Her voice made me cringe; I could see the anger in her eyes. 

"Did you not just hear me? He killed Elena's brother!" I barked taking a step toward her. Her expression faltered slightly. 

"He wouldn't do that." She said softly.

"Are you kidding me?! Samantha he killed Lexi!! Why wouldn't he kill Jeremy?!" I shouted, my anger rising from the expression on her face.

 "He had too..." She said softer which made me think she said it more for herself than for me.

"He had to what?" I snapped, then froze. "..Lexi?" I asked and she quickly looked down at her feet. "He killed her Sam, there was no reason for it!" The anger and sadness filled me, how dare she defend him? Did she not care about Lexi at all? 

"He killed her..." I said almost begging her to see reason. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Remorse hit me hard, I shouldn't have yelled; she loves him. 

"I know that. But you don't understand." Anger hit me again and all remorse was gone.

"So you understand why he killed your best friend?! Well it's good to know you didn't really care about her all that much." I snarled. She reached up her hand to slap me but I caught her wrist. 

"Don't you dare say that." She spat. 

I released her wrist and stepped away from her. "The truth hurts." I remarked looking towards the door of the basement. I should know. 

"I want to talk to him...please." I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair. I didn't say a word I just turned and walked towards the basement door. 

I walked down and looked through the window. His eyes were open and he chest rose and fell with a rattle from his throat. I could see the hunger in his eyes, and something else. Sadness? Regret? I almost laughed out loud. Yeah sadness from Damon that's a good one. 

She gasped as she saw him and she quickly pushed me aside and unlocked the door. He barely raised his head. "Damon!" She cried pulling his upper half into her lap. 

"Sam?" He choked, "I..did-n't...do...I didn't..." He said weakly and he closed his eyes. She looked frantically at me. 

"He needs blood." 

"No he doesn't" I said passively trying not to look at him

"Stefan he will die!" She cried, more tears running down her face

"Murderers should die." I said and my head filled with images of what I myself had done. I shook my head. Don't go there Stefan. "I know he didn't do it Stefan please...please he didn't do it. You know Damon always admits to what he's done." 

I scoffed. Damon blames others, he never owns up to his mistakes. Normally yes, he would brag and he wouldn't deny it...and he was confused about it. I found him lying on the ground, weak. Damon was never weak after he killed he was always so full of energy, always being a dick.

Had I done something Damon himself would do? Look to put the blame on someone else? But Damon did kill Jeremy...Elena saw it and so did Jeremy. It had to be him. Yes, his body but maybe not his mind, or his actions. "Everyone she loves..." I whispered.

Either something bigger was going on or I was about to make a huge mistake. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've saved him. "Pick him up and take him to the living room." I said quietly and walked down the hall to where I stored my blood. I picked up a couple bottles. It was animal blood but he needs something if he wants to live.