Chapter 110: Haunting Shadows

"Storm, you were my apprentice, I could never hurt you, even if I tried. All I want is what's best for you. That's all I ever wanted...a family that I could keep close to me."

I turned around to see that I was back on Grievous' warship. I saw Dooku on his knees with Anakin hovering in front of him, placing two lightsabers just a few centimeters away from his neck. My eyes widened in horror. "No! Grandfather!"

I watched helplessly as Anakin decapitated my grandfather. Then everyone and everything around me vanished. I was now in a different place. I looked around to find myself on Naboo in the city of Theed with the three moons high in the night sky. By the Solleu river, I saw a temple, which was the funeral temple. I slowly made my way towards the temple, which had a bridge over the river and the small Livet Tower in front of the bridge.

Once inside the temple, I approached Padmé's casket. As soon as I looked inside, I found Padmé's dead body. My heart clenched upon seeing her like this. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I placed my hand on her arm. I wish I could've saved you, my good friend. At that moment, I heard a familiar voice rang out. "Oh my child, you've done quite a mess this time."

I turned around to see Palpatine with a black hood over his scarred face. His menacing yellow eyes remained on me, while he wore a wicked grin. I clenched my fists. "This is not my doing, Sidious."

His face changed into a fake sympathetic look. "Oh Storm, you are involved in this, more than you know."

I mentally shook my head. No, that's not true. It can't be...He then walked around me, glancing over at Padmé. "You know I am telling you the truth. You had the chance to tell everyone, the Republic, the Jedi Order, and yet you remained quiet."

"You threatened me, Sidious! You said you'd kill everyone I'd love!" I snapped, my anger rising. "Or do you forget that?"

A sinister smile grew on his face. "Ah yes, use your anger, Storm. Let it flow through you."

At that moment, a lightsaber appeared in my hands. I glanced up at Palpatine, rather confused. He must've known I was baffled, because he spoke up. "Use it to kill me."

I looked down at the lightsaber, feeling conflicted. I felt a growing anger within me, wanting Palpatine to die. He caused me so much pain and agony, turning my life upside down. I ignited the lightsaber, revealing a red blade. Palpatine's smile grew. "Good."

Why shouldn't I kill him? He has done so much to hurt me. It was his apprentice, Maul, that killed Koltav. It would only be right to finish him, to avenge Koltav's death. He also ordered Anakin to execute my grandfather, when he was defenseless. 

"What are you waiting for?!" He exclaimed. "Strike me down, become the next  Darth Lord of the Sith. Return to your rightful place, Darth Naexle. It's in your blood."

At that moment, I heard Master Jinn's voice in my mind. "Would you truly be satisfied killing him, Storm? You'd go down a path that you will never return from. Don't do this."

Grandma Sincra's voice then reached me. "Remember who you are, Storm. An Echani warrior with the heart of gold, trained in the Jedi arts."

Upon hearing their words, I lowered the lightsaber. "No, I shouldn't. This is not the Jedi way."

Palpatine's smile faded. "There are no more Jedi, foolish girl! We slaughtered them all!"

"As long as there are a few remaining in the galaxy, the Empire will remain in danger. You shouldn't underestimate us, Chancellor." I retorted as I turned off the lightsaber before tossing it aside.