Chapter 69: Kadavo System

I was taken back to find him standing at the door. I placed a hand over the datapad, trying to hide it. I was so dead. I should've left while I had the chance.

"...I was just curious." I mentioned.

Dooku glanced over to find my hand on his datapad that lied on top of his desk. He raised an eyebrow before walking towards me. I tried my best to remain calm.

"You were just curious that you decided to look through my personal things?" He questioned as he grabbed the datapad from my grasp.

His eyes then fell on something that intrigued him. I followed his gaze to see he was staring at my necklace with aqua jewels. My eyes widened as I quickly slipped the necklace under my robes. However the damage was already done, he saw the necklace. Dooku looked up at me in awe. "You're still wearing the necklace I gave you."

"It was a gift, wasn't it?" I retorted.

"Yes, but I didn't expect you to still be wearing it after all this time." He mentioned.

"Maybe I'm just waiting for a buyer with the highest price." I shot back. I then remembered he had Gida and Sirius trapped. With this in mind, I decided to change the subject. "Is there somewhere you must go?"

At my words, he fixed his composure. "Yes, you and I are going to Zygerria."

"And what about Vorlega?" I inquired.

"She is needed on Honoghr. Besides I don't believe she should be near you anytime soon. She knows about Tol Skorr. Vorlega is aware that you killed him." Dooku informed me. "She won't hesitate to kill you."

"And you won't?" I asked.

"No, Skorr disappointed me. As for you, I have plans that will benefit us both." He replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "To be a Sith?"

"To free the Republic from its corruption." He corrected.

I snorted. "You mean from Palpatine? Your Master?"

"Yes, if you'll join my side, then we can make sure Palpatine is overthrown and the Republic is restored. Together we are more powerful than him. Just imagine it, Storm, we'll be seen as heroes throughout the entire galaxy." He commented.

I wasn't sure whether to trust him or not. The dark side had already corrupted him, yet it was troublesome that Palpatine was the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. Before I could reply, a LEP servant droid appeared us. "Your ship is prepared, Master."

"We'll be there at once." Dooku said. He then turned to face me. "All I ask is you think of my offer for now."

With that, we walked out to the hangar, where Dooku's personal ship was. It was a solar sailer ship, the same one he fled from when Obi-Wan, Anakin, and I confronted him on Geonosis. I sat behind Dooku in the cockpit as he flew the ship. I tried to find comfort in the Force in an attempt to calm me, but that didn't last long. My concentration was broken, when a hologram appeared, but Dooku is blocking the hologram so all I hear is a voice. A voice that brought chills down my spine. "Have you reached Zygerria yet?"

My stomach churned upon hearing that voice. I knew all too well who that voice belonged too. I remained silent as I listened in on their conversation.

"I'm currently on my way, Master." Dooku replied.

"Long have the Sith Empires built upon the banks of slaves. To carry on this tradition, we will require millions." Palpatine mentioned.

"I assure you, the Queen's defiance will not sour your plans, Master." Dooku replied.

"If she fails to see the error of her ways, end her rule." Palpatine demanded.