Chapter 49: Battle On Kamino

As the war raged on, the more battles I became involved in. In my little spare time, I'd visit my mom and grandparents. When we couldn't meet, we'd sent several holograms back and forth. I had cut off my contact with Koltav, still hurt from his words.

After the destruction of one of our Republic outposts caused by the Separatists, we managed to intercept a message coming from Grievous's ship. Currently, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kina, Vinor, Jinx, and I were aboard a Jedi Cruiser in the briefing room with Cody, Rex, Mocax, and a few other troopers. I looked over at Jinx, who seemed to look like herself. This was the first time since I seen her since she threw me out her room.

"We are decrypting the audio, sir." One of the troopers informed us.

At that moment, a hologram of Asajj appeared. She had her cloak over her shoulders and head, covering herself.

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target." Asajj mentioned.

Grievous then appeared in the hologram standing alongside Vorlega. They both had no intentions of covering their faces not that it made much of a different anyways.

"Just make sure you hold up your part of the mission." Grievous retorted.

"We must stop the production of new clones if we are to win this war." Vorlega chimed in.

The hologram then disappeared. I glanced over at Kina, knowing that Kamino is her home planet. Despite being an outsider, I know she cares for her home planet, more than she dares to say.

"Kamino." Anakin repeated.

"They're going to attack our home planet." Rex said.

"The Separatists are taking quite the chance even considering this." Obi-Wan mentioned.

Vinor nodded. "I agree. This is a huge risk to take."

"With all due respect, Generals, if someone comes to our home, they better be carrying a big blaster." Rex warned.

"I concur with Captain Rex, sir." Cody chimed in.

"So do I. This is personal for us clones." Mocax added.

"I bet Kina feels the same way, don't you?" Jinx questioned.

Kina ignored Jinx's question as she spoke to Cody, Mocax, and Rex. "We'll make sure Kamino is secure."

"Tell all your troopers they're going home." Anakin ordered.

"Yes, sir!" Cody, Mocax, and Rex all exclaimed.

With that they walked off. I then noticed Kina storming out of the control room. I was worried for her, so I decided to go after her. I found her alone in an empty hallway. She was leaning against the wall with her eyes closed.

"Kina, you don't have to pretend that you don't care for Kamino. It's your home planet after all." I mentioned as I approached her.

Kina reluctantly opened her eyes to look at me. "Yes my home planet, where everyone despises me. No doubt they would've reeducated me to become the ideal Kaminoan."

"Kina don't think of the people in Kamino like the Kaminoans. Think of the planet itself, your home." I suggested.

Kina let out a sigh before nodding. "Thanks Storm, I'm sorry if I snapped at you. You know how much I despise returning to Kamino after everything that's happened to me."

"Yes I know, but you can't keep running from your past, your home." I commented.

"You're right." Kina said before letting out a groan. "I just we can get this over with quickly and leave."