Chapter 53: The Wrath Of Naexle

After we killed Mundi's entire family, we retreated back into our warships and out of the system. Days had passed, allowing me to talk and get to know the rest of the Dark Acolytes. We were now on the planet Jabiim with the fleet above us in space. Grievous was leading the fleet alongside Vorlega, while Sev'rance, Tol, and I were preparing to find the Republic troops and fight them until they were all wiped out.

Dooku had entrusted me to be his representative in the Jabiim Congress to try to sway them to join the Separatists. It worked quite well as Alto Stratus, the leader of Nationalists killed almost every Loyalists, who were sympathizers to the Republic. It wasn't long until the Republic heard and sent troops out to Jabiim. It wasn't much work getting the Nationalists all riled up. Alto took care of that as he made very moving speeches to his people, which I must admit impressed me. 

Alto became even more furious and desperate to attack the Republic and the Jedi, when he discovered his cousin was killed by the Republic forces. They blasted her before one of their walkers crushed her legs. The forces she led were able to retreat, bringing her back in a hover-stretcher. Alto managed to see her one last time before she died in his arms. Currently Sev'rance, Tol, and I were in our base with Alto and a few of his men. We were in the command room when the spy droid I sent out had returned. As soon as it approached me, it revealed a hologram of where the Jedi and the Loyalists were.

"That is Shelter Base." Alto mentioned. "I know where it is."

"Excellent. Now that we know where they are, here's the plan." I began.

•••

Once we went over the plan, we all walked out of the base to meet with our army. As we made our way to our troops, Tol whispered to me. "You're good, very good."

I shrugged. "Guess it's in the family."

"I don't suppose you need a right hand man." He offered.

I knew exactly where he was going with this. I chuckled. "And you think you can be that man?"

"I know I am." He replied, sounding confident.

"Very well, if you impress me then you may become my right hand man." I informed him. "But be warned, I'm not easily impressed."

He grinned. "Challenge accepted."

Well, this should be fun. By that time, we had reached the troops. Alto, Sev'rance, Tol, and I stood in front of the troops. Alto revealed the hologram of the Shelter Base for everyone to see.

"The Jedi and the Loyalists are hiding in the Shelter Base. It will take half a day to reach on foot, passing High Rock Canyon, but it will be all worth it." Alto began.

"Once we arrive we will be met with their forces, so do not hold back and show no mercy." I ordered. "We plan to drive them of the base and ultimately off this planet, your home."  

The troops let out a roar at my words. Tol then raised his arm. "To the Separatists!"

"To the Separatists!" The soldiers shouted.

Tol glanced over at me, wearing a proud look on his face. I rolled my eyes. He's going to have to do much better than that. I walked past him as I ordered the troops to move out. As we march towards the base, Sev'rance approached me. She wore an intrigued look on her face.

"Sev'rance." I greeted her.

"Naexle, what's going between you and Tol?" She questioned.

I shrugged. "Not exactly sure, why?"

"I have to warn you that Vorlega has had her eyes on Tol for quite some time now." Sev'rance warned. "She would kill you if she knew anything was happening between you two."