Chapter 96: Give Him A Chance

After explaining the plan at the medical facility, Master Bayts, Areria, his troops, part of my troops, and I hopped onto the shuttles, making our way to the Separatists' main base on Boz Pity. The base was huge and well guarded all around the base, especially the front, which had a plethora of B1 and B2 battle droids. Once we approached the base, we rushed towards the front. As soon as the battle droids saw us, they raised their blasters at us, bombarding us with laserfire. I lunged towards the battle droids, swinging my lightsabers around them. 

As we fought on, a Separatist command shuttle landed right beside us. And out from the shuttle emerged General Grievous. My stomach dropped upon seeing him. I turned around to see Master Bayts looking at Grievous before meeting my eyes. We exchanged a nod, agreeing to both take on Grievous. We then both ran towards Grievous, who spotted us coming several feet away. He let out a chuckle. "Ah if it isn't Storm Ca'ana, Slayer of Stars. And you've brought another Jedi, how wonderful! Your lightsabers will be mine."

"That's if you can defeat us, Grievous. Because each time we fight, you run like a coward." I retorted. "You must learn from Dooku."

Grievous narrowed his eyes. "Let's see if you're still cocky when I end you, Ca'ana."

"You may try." I retorted. 

He then ignited all four lightsabers from his robotic arms. Master Bayts and I raised our lightsabers, clashing them against Grievous' lightsabers. I used all my strength, pushing Grievous' lightsabers back. As Grievous swung two of his lightsabers towards me, I raised my two lightsabers, deflecting his attacks that grew quicker and quicker, making it difficult to keep up. 

He raised his leg, kicking me back, forcing me to fall back onto the ground. Once I climbed back onto my feet, I saw Master Bayts struggling against Grievous. I watched as Grievous impaled Master Bayts in the stomach. Master Bayts let out a gasp before he stumbled to the ground. Once Master Bayts was on the ground, Grievous raised his foot, crushing Master Bayts' skull, killing him in an instant. I watched, completely horrified. "No!"

I lunged towards Grievous, feeling angry. I swung my lightsabers, colliding them against Grievous' four lightsabers. Now that I was fighting Grievous on my own, things became a lot more difficult for me. And Grievous knew this as he let out a sinister laugh.   

"Master!" Areria shouted out.

I whipped around to find Areria surrounded by battle droids. My stomach churned. We need reinforcements and quickly or we'll be forced to retreat. And I refuse to turn back, especially when we can push back the Separatists. All we need is some more help... 

"Call for backup! We need reinforcements now!" I ordered.

"Master look out!" Areria shouted.

At that moment, I felt something hard hit the back of my head, knocking me to the ground. The last thing I saw was Grievous walking towards me as he laughed. My eyelids then grew heavy, surrounding myself in complete darkness.

•••

I let out a groan as my eyes fluttered open. My head was spinning around. I glanced around to find myself in a cell stuck in a containment field. What happened? At that moment, the door opened, revealing Grievous. Upon seeing him, my memories came flooding back. 

"Grievous...why haven't you killed me?" I inquired. "You were so eager to kill me early."

"Unfortunately as much as I would like, I won't be able to kill you. Dooku orders that you be brought to him alive. But Dooku mentioned I could torture you." Grievous informed me.

He then took out an electrostaff before piercing my side with it. I let out a cry of pain as I felt the pain course through my entire body. Grievous let out a chuckle. "Dooku said that this can easily be avoided if you give in and return to his side, becoming Naexle again."