Chapter 7: Kor Vella

Days turned into weeks and Master Allie ended up working with Surkea. Unfortunately Garthhar escaped before they could detain him and turn him into the Republic. For the safety of my grandparents, Koltav and Korste we had to move to another city. This time we moved to Kor Vella, the place where my maternal grandmother, Sincra Setalvi was at, working at the medical center there after she retired from being a council member and a senator of Eshan. 

We just reached her nice home, which was bigger than my parents' home in Tyrena. It was the size of an estate. Master Allie proposed this time we remain in the hotel to keep my family out of danger. I only wished to see her as I haven't seen her in eight years. Master Allie allowed it, saying I deserved it for all my hard work I've done. It wasn't long until one of the doors opened, revealing my grandma Sincra. Her eyes lit up when she saw me.  

"Storm! Oh my stars!" She exclaimed as she embraced me. "It's good to see you!"

"It's great to see you too, grandma!" I replied before pulling away from the hug. "Allow me to introduce you to my former Jedi Master, Stass Allie, the Diktat of Corellia, Koltav Catroe, and his brother who's a council member of Corellia, Korste Catroe."

She curtsied. "It's an honor to meet you all. I'm Sincra Setalvi. Come in!"

We walked into her estate to find it exactly the same way it was the last time I visited. A beautiful crystal chandelier on the top of the entrance hall next to the stairway. In the living room, there aside from the furniture there were antiques and relics all from Eshan. There were several Holopaintings, and a couple of them consisted of me racing in the Crystal Swamps. My smile widened as I made my way over to the paintings.

"You raced?" Koltav asked rather surprised.

"Yes, I raced in the Crystal Swamps by my home. I was seven when I first began racing. My mom always got worried whenever I had a race, she sometimes tried to convince me not to race anymore." I explained. "But eventually I stopped to become a Jedi."

"Storm, we must get going." Master Allie informed me.

I nodded before turning to grandma who was taken back. "You're leaving? But you just got here."

"I know, I'm sorry. It's official Jedi business." I apologized. "But I'll come back to visit very soon."

"Very well. I'll see you soon." She replied.

We then made our way to the hotel and by that time the sun had finally set behind the mountains. Master Allie slept in the room to the right of Koltav's and Korste's room, while I slept in the room to the left of their room.  

•••

The next week, Master Allie ordered me to remain inside the hotel with Koltav and Korste, while she searched the city, trying to find someone who knew anything of the Drall Patriots or of Garthhar. After the third week, I returned to grandma Sincra's home with Koltav and Korste. Grandma was happy to see me again, but she was different. It's like there was something on her mind that she refused to let out. While I helped grandma with the dinner, I decided to ask her. 

"Grandma is something wrong?" I inquired.

For a moment she stopped cutting up the vegetables. "Hm? What makes you say that?"

"You've been acting weird today." I commented. "It's like something's bugging you. Is something the matter, grandma?"

She hesitated before turning around to face me. "Listen, you know that no matter what I will still love you and so does your mother."

I furrowed my brows. "What are you talking about? Of course I know that. I'll always love you both as well. Grandma, what's the matter?"

Grandma hesitated. "Nothing...I just wanted you to know that we all love you."

"Please grandma, let me in. Tell me what's wrong?" I insisted. "It's the only way I can help." 

She sighed as she placed her hands on my shoulders. "You can't help me, Storm. I've made mistakes in the past, but what I don't regret is having my daughter, Veda. She gave me such wonderful grandchildren."

I could feel the pain radiating off of her as she fought to have a smile on her face. Was Koltav right? Were they hiding secrets from me? I mentally shook my head. No, they aren't hiding anything that involves me.

"Well enough of me. How's it going between you and the handsome Diktat?" She asked, changing the subject.

I felt my face heat up. "What? What are you talking about? There's nothing between us!"

Grandma gave me a knowing look. "Oh come on. It's obvious that you two have a connection." 

"A connection?" I repeated rather baffled. "He's just being kind, besides I'm a Jedi."

"I know very well that awful rule of the Jedi. Besides there's nothing wrong with doing it in secrecy." She replied, giving me a wink.

I groaned. "Grandma, you know I couldn't even if somehow by some miracle of the Force he was interested in me."

Her teasing look was gone and it was replaced with a serious look. "Now what just a moment, you are a wonderful, smart, and beautiful woman. Any man would be lucky to have you."

I shrugged. "It doesn't matter, grandma. I'm a Jedi Knight and I have a code to follow."

"When love comes around you won't be able to avoid it." Grandma replied.

"I'm a fast runner. I can always outrun it." I shot back.

"When it comes your way, you won't be able to escape it." She informed me as she handed me a dish from Eshan. "Here. Take this to the dinner table."

Before I could walk out of the kitchen, grandma called out my name. I turned around, hoping that she would drop the topic. "Think about what I said."

I merely nodded before turning back around and making my way towards the dining table where Koltav and Korste already were, patiently waiting. The Echani food that grandma made was traditional dishes such as Echani fire sticks, Spicy Hawkbat Stirfry, and spicy Echani Red Tea served on the side. I placed the dish on the middle of the table before sitting down next to Koltav who offered me a warm smile. I returned his smile, feeling something flutter inside me. At that moment, I heard someone clear their throat, causing me to tear my gaze from Koltav and over to my grandma who wore a smirk. "If you two are done, I'd like to begin to eat."

I glared at my grandma as I felt heat rising from my cheeks. I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato thanks to my grandma. I glanced over at Koltav...and I swear I saw a faint pink color on his cheeks. He gave me a sheepish smile before turning back to his food. I mentally cursed, hoping this mission would quickly come to an end.

••• 

Later that evening after we returned to the hotel, I was out in the balcony in my room when I felt a presence at the door. I wonder if Master Allie has finally returned. However those thoughts left my head as soon as I opened the door, finding Koltav instead. 

"Koltav? What are you doing here?" I asked rather confused.

"Sorry to disturb you, Storm. But I came here to talk to you." He replied. "May I come in?"

I hesitated. "Of course. Come in."

Once he walked into the living room, I closed the door. As soon as I entered the living room, Koltav's eyes were on mine. I couldn't help but feel nervous at his intense gaze. I tried to calm myself as I spoke. "So...what did you want to take about?"

He made his way towards me until we were a foot away from each other. "I want to talk about my feelings for you."

I froze at his words. "What?"

I then mentally shook my head. No, no, no. This can't be happening. Despite me freaking out in the inside, I remained still on the outside as Koltav continued. "I can't deny how I feel for you, Storm. I love you."