Chapter 100: Going Our Separate Ways

I was taken back by his words. "They want us to spy on the Chancellor?"

Anakin scoffed. "That's treason."

"We are at war, Anakin." Obi-Wan reminded him.

"Why didn't the Council give us this assignment when we were in session?" Anakin questioned.

"This assignment is not to be on record." Obi-Wan clarified.

"The Chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan. He befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here." Anakin argued.

"That is why you must help us, Anakin. Our allegiance is to the Senate, not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired." Obi-Wan mentioned.

"The Senate demanded that he stay longer." Anakin pointed out.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin. Something is out of place."

"You're asking me to do something against the Jedi Code. Against the Republic. Against a mentor and a friend. That's what's out of place here." Anakin shot back. "Why are you asking this of me?"

"The Council is asking you." Obi-Wan corrected. He turned towards me. "Storm, I know I am putting you in an uncomfortable spot, but the Council wouldn't ask this of you if they knew you couldn't handle it."

"But why me, Obi-Wan?" I questioned.

Obi-Wan placed a hand on my shoulder. "Because ever since you came back from Ando Prime, you've been very close to the Chancellor."

I hesitated. "...You don't know what you're asking, Obi-Wan."

"I know you're capable of doing this. I trust you, Storm." Obi-Wan assured me.

Anakin then turned towards me. "Storm, I'm sorry. I'm truly happy for her, I...I just believe that I'm ready to become a Master."

"Anakin, just be patient. Your time will soon come." I assured him.

"Storm's right. You've become a great Jedi." Obi-Wan pointed out. "Besides you should be grateful. There are several Jedi your age who are still padawans. You should both be proud."

"Don't worry, Master, we are." Anakin assured him. 

After talking to Anakin and Obi-Wan, I went back to my apartment. Echo and Sirius greeted me at once. I smiled as I gave both Sirius and Echo hugs. Once we sat down on one of the couches, I spoke up with a grin on my face. "I have good news."

Echo furrowed his brows. "What happened?"

"Anakin and I were both put on the Jedi Council. And Master Yoda told me that I may become a Jedi Master and Areria might become a Jedi Knight." I informed him.

Echo's smile widened as he lifted me up before spinning around. "That's good news. Congrats Storm! We should celebrate!"

I couldn't help but let out a laugh of happiness. Things were great, but little did I know what was about to unfold...

~Jinx's P.O.V.~

Storm on the Jedi Council?! How could she be on the Jedi Council and not me? I was older than her, certainly less reckless than Storm. I clenched my fists. This wasn't fair...I deserve to be on the Council not Storm.

"I can sense your anger."

I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked up, seeing Palpatine across from me, giving me a sympathetic smile. "Jinx, I've known you since you were little. What's troubling you?"

"You made Storm and Anakin your personal representatives on the Jedi Council. Why not me? Was I not good enough?" I retorted, feeling my anger rise.