Chapter 25: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Once we returned to Coruscant, I personally took Koltav back to Corellia with R3. When we landed in the hangars in the spaceport of Coronet City, we began to head towards the palace on an airspeeder. As I drove, Koltav spoke up. "So will you be staying here for a while?"

I could hear his voice laced with pain, no doubt hoping that I'd stay, yet secretly knowing the answer. It pained me to not spend more time with him...maybe the Council won't know I'll be gone for a few days.

"I can stay for a couple days." I lied.

I glanced over at Koltav to see the biggest grin on his face. "That's the best thing I've heard all day."

I chuckled. "Glad to hear. Come on, let's get you home."

After getting him into the palace, I was escorted by a maid to take me to my room. The room was huge containing a closet and drawers filled with dresses, a giant bed with silk sheets, a bathroom in the back, a vanity set, and a window with huge drapes looking out to the gardens. My smile widened. I could get use to this.

•••

A few days passed, and Koltav and I went to several different places in Coronet City. We visited the museums, the zoological and botanical gardens, and many more. We even stopped by Tyrena where the golden beaches were, which is were we currently were. Koltav had informed me that after meeting me and spending time with not just me but senators in the Republic, he was swayed to join the Republic, feeling it was the right thing to do. I also discovered that Eilani Obrith, a Master Sergeant of CorSec Forces is now dating Korste, Koltav's brother. I closed my eyes as I felt the breeze of the ocean run through my hair. I let out a sigh, remembering of the past months, and about what the Council said regarding Areria.

"How can that be? I thought the Vahla were extinct?"

"We aren't sure...It surprises us as well." Master Windu informed me. "However she carries Vahla blood in her veins. And we aren't certain if because of this she'll turn to the dark side or remain on the light side."

"Uncertain Areria's future is. A watchful eye on her please keep." Master Yoda urged.

I was baffled upon hearing their words. I began to feel the pressure sink in. Master Ti must've sensed this as she spoke up. "Do not fear, Storm. You will do well. We would've have given you this responsibility if we knew you weren't capable."

At that moment, I felt a hand grab mine followed by Koltav's voice. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Sorry, I was just thinking about what the Council told me...about my padawan." I confessed.

"So it's true, you got a padawan!" Koltav exclaimed. "That's great news, soon you'll be a Jedi Master!"

I forced a smile. "Thanks Koltav..."

"Hey, what's troubling you?" Koltav inquired, seeing right through me.

"The Council told me after my padawan Areria Skikea left that she was not just a Trailian but a Vahla as well. And there's not many of them anymore...but the Council told me to be careful as it is rumored that the Vahla all have ties to the dark side whether they are consciously aware of it or not." I revealed. "And if it's true then I'm not sure if I can handle her going down the wrong path...I can't lose her, Koltav."

At that moment, Koltav looked into my eyes as he grabbed my hands. "Storm Ca'ana, that will not happen. I know you're a great Jedi, and a great teacher. You will guide her onto the right path, the Light Side. Besides being a certain race or species doesn't define who you are or what you'll do."

He then placed a hand on my heart. "It's in here where it counts."

I smiled at his words as I squeezed his hands. "Thanks min larel, you always know what to say."