Chapter 82: Finding The Real Criminal

Later that day, Anakin, Ahsoka, Areria, and I were in the Chamber of Judgment, anxiously waiting. The Temple guards stood at the corners of the room, while Anakin paced the room. I had been in here before, and it wasn't a good experience. 

"You're not helping." Ahsoka mentioned.  

Anakin let out a sigh, stopping his pacing at once. "I'm sorry, Snips. I just...I just don't know what to do." 

"It's okay. I don't either." Ahsoka replied. 

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey whatever happens, we'll be beside you." 

At that moment, we heard a bell. The Temple guards approached us, and we were taken up into another room where Obi-Wan, Master Mundi, Master Windu, Master Yoda, Master Koon, Master Ti, and Kina stood high up in seats shaped like small towers. Ahsoka was then lifted up on a platform, while Anakin, Areria, and I watched beside the guards.

"Padawan Tano, serious charges have been levied against you. How plead you?" Master Yoda inquired. 

"Not guilty, Master. I would never take the lives of innocents. The values of the Jedi are sacred to me." Ahsoka assured them. 

"There is evidence to the contrary. You were alone with Letta Turmond when she died. Can you explain this?" Master Mundi asked. 

"Someone used the Force against her." Ahsoka responded. 

"Which brings us to Ventress. Can you explain your association with her?" Master Koon inquired. 

"We had a mutual understanding. I thought she was helping me." Ahsoka explained. 

"Did you she help you acquire the nanodroid weaponry found when you were apprehended, the same devices used in the bombing of the Temple?" Master Windu questioned. 

Ahsoka shook her head. "No, I was set up and deceived, as you are being deceived now."

"The question is, Padawan Tano, who is deceiving us?" Kina asked. 

"Ventress, you, or someone else?" Master Windu chimed in. 

"I am not deceiving you." Ahsoka protested. "I would assume Ventress is, but I can't be sure. My sense is clouded."

"Clouded by the dark side these things are, Padawan Tano. Dangerously clouded, but not just surrounding you, surrounding many things in these times." Master Yoda warned. 

My face fell upon hearing those words. "You've already made your decision, haven't you?"

"This meeting is just a formality!" Anakin snapped, his voice laced with anger.

"Reached a decision, we have, though not in total agreement are we." Master Yoda informed us.

"It is the Council's opinion that Padawan Ahsoka Tano has committed sedition against the Republic, and thus, she will be expelled from the Jedi Order." Master Windu announced. 

My stomach dropped at his words. No, there must be another way. Ahsoka isn't guilty, she isn't capable of the things they've accused her of. 

"No! Masters, surely there's another way!" I shouted out.

Obi-Wan wore a pained expression. "I'm afraid there's not."

"You can't do this!" Anakin yelled. 

He charged towards the Masters, but was stopped by the Temple guards, who ignited their double bladed yellow lightsabers. At that moment, Ahsoka's platform dropped until she was on the same level as us.

"Your Padawan status will be stripped from you, and you shall forfeit all rank and privileges within the Grand Army of the Republic." Master Mundi mentioned. "You will be turned over to the Republic courts to await your trail and whatever punishment they will set for you. Henceforth, you are barred from the Jedi Order."