Chapter 34: Memories

"Hurry up, Gida! We're going to be late for our lesson with Master Dooku." Nova mentioned.

"Yeah, and this is the first time I meet him, I don't want to look bad in front of him." I commented.

Tarom, Nova, and I rushed down the hallways with Gida trailing behind us. I heard amazing stories of Dooku, and I began to admire the Jedi Master. I wanted to be just like him. I often wondered and hoped that once I'm old enough, Dooku would become my master.

"I'm sorry, but who's idea was it to prank the Hawkbat clan?" Gida retorted, reminding me of this morning.

I snickered. "Hey, it was definitely worth it. Their faces were priceless."

"So this is the rest of the Berguufta Clan. I was wondering where you wandered off to."

My face fell upon looking up to see that it was a Jedi Master that stood in front of us. He was around my grandma Sincra's age. He had short silver hair with a small beard and brown eyes. I raised an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

"I am Jedi Master Dooku, you four are late for your first lesson with me." He informed us.

My eyes widened in horror. "Y-you're Master Dooku?!"

He nodded with an eyebrow slightly raised. "Yes."

"Forgive us, Master. We were preoccupied and we didn't realize the time until it was too late." I apologized.

"Yes, very preoccupied with covering the Hawkbat clan's room with duratape and the floors with Zaffra oil." Dooku replied, informing us that he knew.

I glanced over at Nova, Gida, and Tarom whose faces had all grown pale. I quickly spoke, not wanting them to get in trouble because I pushed them to do it. "Please, Master Dooku don't punish Nova, Gida, or Tarom. It was my idea, I take full responsibility."

"Storm, no-" Gida, Tarom, and Nova began.

Dooku wore a stern look as he cut them off. "Silence! You three head into the training room with the others."

He then turned towards me. "You and I will go for a little walk."

As Dooku placed a hand on my shoulder, urging me to follow, I glanced back to see the fearful looks on Nova's, Gida's, and Tarom's faces. Just great...I spend months, trying to plan how I was going to impress Dooku upon first meeting him, and I mess it up in less than five minutes. Once Dooku and I reached the gardens, he finally spoke.

"What's your name, little one?"

"Storm, Storm Ca'ana." I replied. "I come from the planet Corellia along with my sisters, Jinx and Maya."

He wore an intrigued look. "You know I was just like you when I was quite young."

"Really?"

"I was quite mischievous and cunning yet I was determined to prove myself worthy always craving for more knowledge." He explained. "I sense you're quite reckless, Storm...and filled with emotions."

My head lowered at his words. However he continued. "Nevertheless, I sense you are filled with great potential. With the proper Master, I believe you'll be a great Jedi."

"Will I be as good as you?" I inquired with an excited look. "Because I've heard of the amazing stories about what you've done, and I want to be just like you!"

Dooku felt touched my words. He wore a smile as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "You'll become far more powerful and better than me."

My eyes lit up at his words. I couldn't believe what he was saying...