Chapter 101: The Turn Of The Tide

After saying goodbye, I made my way inside the cruiser, where Areria was waiting along with my troops and the Bad Batch. Areria gave me a smile as I approached her. 

"So I heard what the Council considers on doing. Do you think I'll become a Jedi Knight soon?" Areria questioned. 

"Of course. You deserve to become a Jedi Knight." I assured her.

Echo then approached me, giving me a smile along with a salute. "General Ca'ana."

"Corporal Echo." I greeted, returning his salute.  

A grin appeared on Areria's face as she looked back and forth at us. "Oh this should be interesting..."

~Jinx's P.O.V.~ 

A meeting in the communications center took place and surprisingly, I was allowed to attend. Anakin, Master Windu, and I stood around the holotable along with holograms of Matter Mundi, Kina, and Master Secura. At that moment, a hologram of Cody appeared at once. "Master Windu, may I interrupt? General Kenobi has made contact with General Grievous, and we have begun our attack."

"Thank you, Commander. Anakin, deliver this report to the Chancellor. His reaction will give us a clue to his intentions." Master Windu mentioned. "Jinx, since Storm is on New Plympto, you go with Anakin."

Anakin and I gave him a bow. "Yes, Master."

With that, Anakin and I made our way to the Senate Building. As soon as we reached Palpatine's private office within his suite, we saw Palpatine sitting at his desk with a holomap. However as soon as we arrived, he turned the hologram off. I mentally shook my head. It must not be anything important.

"Chancellor." Anakin and I greeted.

"We've just received a report from Master Kenobi." I informed him. 

"He's engaged General Grievous." Anakin added. 

"We can only hope that Master Kenobi is up to the challenge." Palpatine mentioned. 

Anakin's eyes fell to the ground. "Jinx and I should be there with him."

"It's upsetting to me to see that the Council doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talents." Palpatine stated. "Don't you wonder why they won't make you both Jedi Masters?"

Palpatine had a point. The Council doesn't realize our full potential, it infuriated me. I was a Ca'ana, much stronger than Dooku was or ever would be. 

"I wish I knew. More and more I get the feeling that I'm being excluded from the Council." Anakin confessed. 

"As do I. I know there are things they are not telling us." I pointed out. 

"Especially things about the Force." Anakin added. 

Palpatine gave us a sympathetic look. "They don't trust the both of you. They see your futures and the power that you'll have, it will be too strong for them to control."

Palpatine then he stood up from his chair before making his way towards us. "You must break through the fog of lies the Jedi have created around you. Let me help you to know the subtleties of the Force." 

I furrowed my brows. "How do you know the ways of the Force?"

"My mentor taught me everything about the Force. Even the nature of the dark side." Palpatine confessed.

Both Anakin and I were baffled by his words. He knew the dark side? But how? Only a Sith knew the dark side, and then it hit me...he was the Sith Lord that we were looking for. 

"You know the dark side?" Anakin questioned. 

"Anakin, Jinx, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force." Palpatine explained. "Be careful of the Jedi. Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife...from certain death."