Chapter 97: An Old Friend

Days later, Obi-Wan, Jinx, Anakin, and I along with our forces were sent by the Jedi Council to Yerbana to fight off the Separatists. Areria stayed behind at the Jedi Temple, teaching some younglings about their lightsaber stances. Meanwhile, Sirius remained in my room and T3 remained on the cruiser above the planet. Obi-Wan and I along with our troops fought on one front of Yerbana on a bridge, while Anakin and Jinx fought on the other front. Just before we left to Yerbana, Anakin had his troops repaint their helmets orange and with white markings, resembling Ahsoka's face. Ahsoka's going to love it, when sees it.

Currently, Obi-Wan and I along with our troops were hiding behind some rubble of a cruiser. Days had passed and we were still trying to fight off the Separatists without gaining any ground. There were dwarf spiders, octuptarra tri-droids, several NR-N99 tanks, B1 and B2 battle droids all firing in our direction.

"Well, I can see things are going splendidly on this front." Obi-Wan mentioned.

"It's no good. We can't locate the tactical droid." Cody informed us.

"He's staying out of sight." Mocax added.

At that moment, an explosion went off not far from us. Fortunately, we weren't caught in the explosion. Where were Anakin and Jinx?

"Anakin, Jinx, where are you?" Obi-Wan asked, echoing my thoughts.

"We're right here."

We turned around to see Anakin and Jinx, standing up right in front of us. At that moment, a blast nearly hit them both, but they dodged it with ease. They both wore amused looks as they looked down at us.

"What are you doing down there?" Jinx inquired.

"We are taking cover." Obi-Wan retorted.

"I don't know if you notice but we're in the middle of a battle here." I protested.

"Now get down!" Obi-Wan exclaimed.

"You're not serious. There's only a thousand droids down there, tops." Anakin pointed out.

Obi-Wan furrowed his brows. "What are you up to? Where's Captain Rex?"

"We already finished our battle, so we decided to come help you with yours." Jinx explained.

Anakin and Jinx climbed up the shuttle we were hiding behind. I raised an eyebrow. What were they up to? Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes. "You're overdoing it. Again!"

"Master, I mean no disrespect. If you want, we can hide here with you, and we can let the people in the city suffer longer." Anakin argued.

"Now Anakin, you know I-" Obi-Wan began.

However, Anakin cut him off. "Or we can do things Jinx's and my way and help them now."

Obi-Wan sighed. "All right. I know better than to try and stop you. What's your plan this time?"

"Stay here." Anakin urged.

"Yeah, we've got it taken care of." Jinx chimed in.

With that, Anakin and Jinx made their way towards the Separatist army. I was taken back. Anakin and I usually came up with a plan together, but looks like things were changing. And I didn't like that one bit. Anakin and Jinx then raised their arms. "Hold your fire! Hold your fire."

"We have come to surrender." Jinx announced.

We watched as the army lowered their weapons. Obi-Wan and I exchanged a look of confusion. What were they up to? Obi-Wan glanced over at me. "What are they doing?"

I raised my hands. "Hey don't ask me. For once, I have absolutely no idea..."

"Your forces fought valiantly, and I must admit that we are over matched by your superior firepower...I congratulate you, for I have fought in many battles on many planets always been victorious against the droid army." Anakin ranted on.