Chapter 93: Escaping Purkoll

With that, we all walked inside the lift. As we made our way to the top, Anakin reminded us all of the mission. "Remember, this is a stealth mission. No blasting, no blowing things up. Nobody knows we're here." 

At that moment, the door opened, revealing several D-wing droids. "Intruders! Attack!"

Wrecker charged forth, tackling and throwing several D-wing droids out the hangar. Rex sighed. "So much for stealth."

As soon as Anakin, Rex, and I joined the Bad Batch, all the droids were destroyed. Wrecker raised his arms in the air as he shouted. "Yeah! Hah! Ha-ha! Yeah!"

We all stared at Wrecker, completely taken back. Once Wrecker realized that we were all staring at him, he immediately lowered his arms. "Uh sorry. I just got excited."

"I've still got a lock on Echo's signal." Tech informed us. 

"All right, men. Let's hunt some droids." Hunter ordered. 

"Now you're talking! Yeah!" Wrecker exclaimed. 

With that, we made our way into the hallway. Hunter quickly took out two D-wing droids behind us in the hallway, while Rex took out the other two D-wing droids in front of us. Once the droids were taken care of, I turned to face Tech. "Where exactly is Echo's signal coming from?"

"Strange. I just lost the signal." Tech mentioned. 

My stomach dropped. How could that be? I know Echo's alive, there's no doubt about it. 

"What? How can that be?" Rex asked, sounding just as baffled as I was. 

"There's no atmospheric disturbances up here." I protested. 

"Well, I have a new theory. I'm surprised I did not consider it earlier. The signal is only traceable during data transmissions. So until Echo dispenses more intel, I cannot pick up the signal." Tech explained. 

"Okay, we're splitting up. Search every door. If someone finds Echo, contact the others. We go in together, just in case there's trouble." Anakin advised. 

With that we split up, entering different doors. I walked into what appeared to be a storage room with several shelves. At that moment, several D-wing droids emerged out of nowhere. One of D-wing droids spoke up. "Surrender." 

"Never." I retorted. 

As soon as they fired their blasters at me. I ignited my lightsabers, deflecting their attacks. One by one, I took down the droids. I lunged forth towards the last few D-wing droids, deflecting their blasts before slicing them in half. At that moment, I heard a blast go off from behind me. I turned around to see the last D-wing droid on the ground. I looked up to see Crosshair with his sniper rifle in his hands. Behind him stood Anakin. I gave Crosshair a nod, which he returned.

We then made our way down the hallway, finding many D-wing droids near a chamber with a sealed door. Anakin and I used the Force, pushing back several before we lunged towards them, slicing them in half. Hunter, Crosshair, Wrecker, Tech, and Rex quickly joined in. As soon as all the droids were destroyed, another wave of droids was headed for us.

"Tech, open that door for Rex and Storm!" Anakin ordered. 

Tech nodded. "Yes, sir!"

Hunter glanced over at Rex and me. "I hope you find what you're looking for, Captain, General."

Rex and I then rushed over towards the chamber's door as Tech quickly sliced into the system, opening the door. Once the door was open, all three of us went inside. We then entered a large room, which appeared to be a lab. At the very end of the lab, we saw a stasis chamber at the top of the lab. And beneath the chamber, we saw a control panel.