Chapter 8: There Is No Emotion, There Is Peace

A/N: Hey guys! So the picture above is a picture of what Koltav looks like. Now without further ado, here's Chapter 8! Enjoy!

Koltav loves me? My heart fluttered, feeling content and excited that he felt the same way. I didn't think someone like him could like someone who isn't that great like me. I then shook my head. As much as I'd love to be with him and pursue this relationship, I can't. I'm a Jedi, and we have a code to follow. No attachments are allowed.

"Storm? Storm?" Koltav called out my name, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Look, I understand that you may not feel the same way, but I had to tell you. I thought with time I could get over, but I couldn't. With every day, I've fallen unutterably in love with you."

Tears filled my eyes as I felt myself being pulled apart in two different directions. I love him, yet I can't pursue this. I'll be thrown out of the Jedi Order.

"Koltav, you must ignore these feelings you have for me...it won't end well." I informed him. 

Koltav raised an eyebrow. "And why not? Am I that repulsive that you can't be with me."

I wanted to tell him that I loved him and that I found him to be the most handsome man I've ever met in the galaxies, but if I told him that then it would make matters harder for the both of us. I turned my back on him so I wouldn't see his face.

"I do not love you, Koltav. I'm only here because of my mission...whatever motives you thought I had are wrong. I was only being kind to you..." I lied.

"That's not true, Storm. It can't be! I felt a connection!" He exclaimed as I heard his voice crack. "I know you felt it too. Please Storm, I know you felt something for me."

I closed my eyes. This was it...I either tell him the truth or I push him away forever. Please forgive me. 

"Koltav, you need to forget your feelings for me. I will never love you!" I snapped. "As soon as this mission is over, you need to forget me...just like I'll forget you."

"I can't believe this...I thought you loved me. I was so sure of it. I even spoke to your grandparents, and they were so sure that you felt the same for me." Koltav confessed, causing my heart to further tear itself apart.

"Well you thought wrong, Catroe. I don't love you!" I rebuked.

"Things won't stay this way, Storm. I'm not giving up, because deep down in your heart I know you feel the same way." He explained.

As soon as he left, slamming the door behind him, I fell onto my knees as I sobbed uncontrollably. It was for the best, Storm. You have a code to keep, and no matter what you must  follow it. You'll be able to get over your feelings for Koltav. Oh how wrong I was. It only got worse as Master Allie spent more time out in search of information while Korste spent nearly all his time discussing with the Corellian Council through a hologram. And that left Koltav alone with me. Every time we were alone, he wouldn't stop persisting, telling me that he knew I felt something for him. And this time was no different.

"Storm, you can't keep ignoring me when we're alone." Koltav informed me as I faced the window of the room. 

"Koltav, how many times must I tell you that there won't be anything between you and me. You know I can't love you!" I blurted out, fed up with keeping everything inside me. "I can't..."

He furrowed his brows. "What do you mean you can't love me?"

My eyes widened. "Oh no, I shouldn't have said that."

Koltav approached my side at once, gently grabbing my hands and placing them in his. "Please Storm, help me to understand what's really going on."

I fought back tears that threatened to fall from my silver eyes as I explained to Koltav the truth. "Jedi aren't suppose to form attachments, including romance. If I pursue my relationship with you, Koltav then I could be thrown out of the Jedi Temple and from the Order. I'd be removed from all my duties...which is why I tried to push you away. I'm doing this because I love you and because I believe this is the best...for us. So you must understand that I have to let you go. We will never work out, Koltav."