Chapter 11: Count Dooku

~22 BBY~

Months had passed by. It was now a year since Master Allie and I began the mission of protecting Koltav. Anakin and Obi-Wan were assigned to protect Padmé from someone trying to assassinate her. I told mom about dad, and she told me she already knew. Dad informed her before he left, she seemed devastated, but she tried to assure me that she was fine. She was just as confident as dad that he would return with Alotren, which I wanted to believe.

Koltav gave me space, not asking whether I had chosen to pursue our relationship. He gave his word, he was patient. I tried to focus, but I couldn't locate where the Drall Patriots's headquarters on Corellia were. It didn't help that I couldn't stop thinking about Koltav. As much as I tried, my heart fluttered every time I saw him. I couldn't take it...I was becoming frustrated. Suppressing my feelings for Koltav weren't working. And to make matters worse, I got a hologram from someone I've never seen before...or so I thought. It was an older man, much older than my grandma Sincra. He was dressed in noble attire and with a cloak from Serenno. However I couldn't make out his face that well.

"Storm Ca'ana, what a pleasure to see you...again." The man said.

His voice sounded somewhat familiar, but I couldn't exactly put a face on the voice. I narrowed my eyes. "What is it you want?"

My face fell as he stepped into the light. It was Dooku...I resembled him very much...He seemed to notice this as a faint smile grew on his face. "I see you have noticed the resemblance. Sincra never exaggerates."

My blood froze at his words. Oh Force...how could I have not seen it before?

"How do you know my grandma?" I inquired.

"Oh come on now. I know you're smarter than that. Or are you trying to deny it?" He questioned, making me furious and afraid at the same time.

This can't be happening...this man is only trying to scare me. Remember what grandma told you. My anger quickly took over as I snapped. "I don't have time for your jokes!"

He chuckled, clearly amused by my reaction. "Don't you remember me, Storm? I'm Count Dooku, I was the Jedi Master of Qui-Gon Jinn. I heard you were close to him."

"He was like my grandfather." I replied as my fists clenched. "Why did you leave the Order? After you promised to become my Master...and after a year of teaching me, you left! You left me!"

His face fell. "I'm terribly sorry Storm...I didn't mean to leave you."

"Then why did you?" I insisted.

"Because I've seen a better path than the Jedi. I'm a Sith Lord now. And if you ever want to see your grandmother again then I suggest you come to Geonosis with the Diktat of Corellia along with his brother. A life for a life." He explained.

I raised an eyebrow. "First of all, Koltav and Korste are two people, and my grandma is only one. How is that a life for a life?"

"Because I'll be sparing your life as well." Dooku pointed out.

I knew he was trying to intimidate me, and I wouldn't let it get to me. Besides he could not have my grandma at all. So I remained strong as I continued. "And second, how do I know you have my grandma? You could be bluffing for all I know."

Unfortunately after I said that, I heard my grandma's voice. "You will never get away with this, Dooku."

I became livid as I clenched my fists. "You better not lay a single finger on her, Dooku!"

"I would never harm her, however I cannot say the same for the Geonosians. You know what you must do. And whatever you do, do not try to bring backup or you will never see your precious grandmother." Dooku warned before the hologram ended.

As much as I'd hate to go there, I can't lose my grandma. I felt so torn. I had a duty to Koltav, however I could lose my grandma forever. And how could he? My heart tore itself when I saw his face for the first time in years. My first Master left me...It wasn't something I said to many people, only the few closest to me knew that Master Allie wasn't my first master but rather Dooku. At that moment, Koltav entered my room with a plate of Corellian food along with a bouquet of Malreaux roses from Vjun, which were a dark red color. He wore a smile as he approached me. "Good afternoon Storm, how are you doing?"

My eyes lit up when I saw the roses. "Those roses...they're beautiful. Are they Malreaux roses from Vjun?"

Koltav wore an impressed look. "You know your plants."

I shrugged. "It's really nothing. I went there once as a pilot."

"I brought you food." Koltav said, extending it out to me.

I then looked over at the ground. How can I eat, knowing my grandma's kidnapped. They may be torturing her as we speak. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that Koltav was standing in front of me until he spoke up. "Something's bugging you. What's the matter?"

I was taken back by his words. "How do you know?"

"You look distracted." Koltav commented before placing a hand over mine. "Listen, whatever it is you can tell me...I hate to see you like this. You don't have to keep this burden to yourself, Storm."

After all this time, despite me pushing him away, believing it to be the best thing...he's still caring towards me. I slumped my shoulders, knowing that he was right. "Dooku...a Sith Lord has my grandma. He kidnapped her, and now he's on Geonosis."

Koltav wore a horrified look. "That's awful! We need to go right now."

Before he could leave, I stopped him by gently grabbing him by his forearm. "We can't..."

Koltav looked back at me in utter confusion. "...I don't understand."

"He's asking for a trade. My grandma's life for you and your brother." I explained. "I can't let anything happen to either one of you."

"I understand and I'm grateful for that, but this is your grandmother we're talking about. You have to save her." Koltav insisted.

"And let you both get killed the instant I turn you both in?" I asked rather appalled. "Not a chance. The Drall Patriots are in alignment with the Separatists...and then this Sith Lord pops out of the blue...something doesn't feel right. I have a bad feeling that he may be allies with the Separatists as well."

He placed a hand on my cheek. "You helped us in a time of need, now we'll help you."

I wanted to argue, but I couldn't. He had good intentions...and despite wanting to protect the Catroe brothers as part of my duty, I couldn't help but think of my grandma. What if I lose her? Will she be killed if we stay here? I pushed away those thoughts as I made up my mind. I put my hand over Koltav's hand that lied on my cheek. "Then it like we're going to Geonosis."