Chapter 92: Echo's Alive?!

At that moment, we saw a hologram of Admiral Trench in the hand of one of the droids. "An attack is coming."

"An attack is coming? When-" The droid replied.

Rex fired a blast at the droid, holding the hologram. Once Rex and Jesse began firing, I jumped out from my spot, igniting my lightsabers, deflecting the blasts of the droids, and hitting several of them. Rex and Jesse took cover behind some cargo, while Crosshair remained behind to take out some droids with his sniper rifle. It wasn't long until Wrecker and Hunter opened the front doors of the center, taking out the last droids.

"What took you so long, Wrecker?" Rex asked.

"Hey, this is a 'delicate operation'." Wrecker retorted. 

At that moment, we then saw a huge tank not far from us, coming in our direction. That must be the Separatist forces that Tech mentioned.

"Better get in there, Cap, General." Wrecker suggested.

With that, Rex and I rushed into the center, making our way to the control room, where Tech was, slicing into the system, using his datapad. He stood right in front of the holotable. Once we approached Tech, he turned towards us. "Okay, I'm in. What am I looking for?"

Rex then handed Tech a datacard. "Here's the algorithm. You're looking for a program using this sequence."

Tech placed the datacard next to the datapad before quickly getting to work. And Tech was pretty fast. In a matter of seconds, he found what we were looking for.

"Found it. This is strange. It's not a program. It's a live signal from another planet Skako Minor." Tech informed us.

I furrowed my brows. A live signal? How strange...

"A live signal?" Rex repeated, rather baffled.

"Here it is. This is audible." Tech mentioned.

"Patch us in." I ordered.

"We want to hear it." Rex added.

At that moment, we heard the noise, yet at first I couldn't recognize what it was. The sound was muffled. But after listening to it, I realized it sounded human.

"What is that? That sounds almost human." Tech commented.

Rex's eyes widened. "It can't be."

Who did Rex think it was? At that moment, the center shook. No doubt that the Separatists droids were almost inside the center. And that meant, we had to leave soon. With this in mind, I turned to face Tech. "Tech, find out who's sending that signal. Ask who that is."

"CT-1409..." The voice said in an unfamiliar voice. Then I recognized the voice. "CT-1409."

My jaw dropped. "No..."

"I don't believe it..." Rex said in disbelief.

"CT-1409..."

This person is Echo...It was at that moment, we heard Hunter's voice from the hallway. "We're gone. Rex, General, let's go."

I couldn't part myself from the holotable. I continued listening to Echo's voice. "CT-1409."

That was his number that he was given on Kamino. I then heard Hunter's voice, but this time he was louder. "Rex, Storm, now!"

Upon hearing Hunter's voice again, we reluctantly turned away and joined the others. Together we took down some of the battle droids that was headed for us. Once we made it out of the center, we saw Crosshair with a speeder craft. All of us quickly hopped inside before Crosshair took off. As we headed back to the base, I thought about Echo. Could it be that Echo's still alive? I saw him perish at the Citadel...