Chapter 57: The Jedi Shadow

The time for my trial arrived. Inside of the compound where I was held, there was a military tribunal courtroom. It was a tall room, with platforms in center for not just the accused, but for prosecution and defense as well. Along the sides by the walls, there were seats for the presiding official, jury, other trial participants and onlookers.

Many of my friends, mom, Maya, Nova, Jinx, and were all here, watching. The prosecutor happened to Admiral Tarnese Bleyd, a male Sakiyan, while the defender was Mon Mothma. My mom, Lorea, and my senator friends all agreed that Mon Mothma would be my defender. My good friend Admiral Shan was also at my trial. The trial didn't last long, like Palpatine mentioned, he made sure all charges were dropped on me, and I was found not guilty. Thus, Bleyd lost the case and in a week, he was found dead by a Black Sun member. Turned out he was involved with the evil and corrupt organization. It wasn't long until after the trial that I became a Jedi Ambassador and was appointed as a war-time adviser to Palpatine just like Anakin was. I then gave a hologram message that was broadcasted on HoloNet News, informing everyone that I was brainwashed and that Dooku was responsible for my actions.

Currently, I was in my mom's office in the Senate Building with my mom, Koltav, and my senator cousins, Jeren, Orlamax, and Lorea. I watched the controversy on the HoloNet News about me. Today was no different, one of the reporters began their topic by saying. "Victim or Criminal? Is Storm Ca'ana, the Slayer of Stars truly innocent?"

Tears began to fill my silver eyes. Great, was there any way this could get better? At that moment, I heard silence. I turned around to see mom had turned off the holoprojector. As I scanned the room, I saw them all staring at me.

"Quit gawking at me, you look like needlegawps begging for food scraps." I retorted.

Orlamax, usually wouldn't hesitate to throw in a remark, but this time it was different. He gave me a sympathetic look. "No one deserves what you've gone through, especially you. You're good to everyone, Storm."

I shook my head. "No, I'm not. Don't say that, Orlamax. I don't deserve it."

Koltav, who sat beside me, placed a hand on my shoulder. "Yes you do, you're good to so many people. Orlamax is right. You don't give yourself enough credit."

I pulled away from Koltav and stood up. No one understood how I felt. I felt horrible, like I was a monster. I killed so many people, not just Jedi but civilians as well. I tried to take comfort in the Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

But it wasn't working, I could feel my anger and frustration growing. They didn't understand how I felt. 

"Tell that to Master Mundi's family, my grandma Sincra, or Master Norcuna. Oh wait, you can't because they're all dead!" I snapped. "And it's all my fault."

Mom immediately approached me. She gently placed her hands on the side of my shoulders. Tears had filled her silver eyes as well, but she fought them back. "It is not your fault, Storm. You were brainwashed by Dooku. And your grandma died to bring you back, vly'Storm. She knew what would happen."

"Why didn't you tell me she was Force-sensitive?" I inquired. "Why didn't she want to become a Jedi?"

"Because that's not the path she wanted." Mom explained. "She wanted a family and she knew if she became a Jedi then she'd have to give it up, so she hid it from her parents. To the Echani, family is everything."

"What you need is a vacation." Lorea suggested.

Jeren nodded. "I agree. Have you been to Alderaan's Capital this time of year? It's beautiful."

"I haven't been since I was twelve on a diplomatic mission. Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think a vacation is what I need." I replied.

Getting fed up, I then stormed out of my mom's office. I continued walking until I reached Master Yoda's room where Master Windu was. They were sitting on tuffet meditation pads. They were mediating with their eyes closed.