Chapter 77: The Nightmare

I turned around to see Jinx. My eyes lit up as soon as I saw her. I hadn't seen her in several weeks. I gave her a smile. "Sister, so good to see you! How have you been?!"

Jinx narrowed her eyes. "You didn't answer my question. I saw you arrive from your starfighter not too long ago. So where have you gone?"

"It's none of your business." I retorted, trying to shake her off.

But she wasn't backing down. When I went to turn around, she grabbed my wrist, forcing me to look back at her. "Of course it's my business. I'm your older sister."

What was going on with her? I hadn't seen her in weeks, and when I do see her, she snaps at me. Whatever I'm going to say I have to make sure it's believable. I don't feel comfortable with lying, but if I tell Jinx one thing and the Jedi Council, they will all be onto me.

"If you must know where I've been then I'll tell you. Vorlega sent me a private message, informing me that if I don't make my way to Akiva by myself, she would begin by killing a village nearby. I didn't want to tell the Jedi Council because I knew they would try and help, but I didn't want anyone to die." I lied. "But Vorlega wasn't on Akiva, my scanners picked up ship similar to the one she always flies around in on Mustafar. So I went down to check it out. And I discovered that Vorlega left Dooku, she is working with Maul. Well was...Vorlega and I fought, and I killed her."

Jinx was baffled at my words. She remained quiet for a few moments, trying to wrap her head around everything I just told her. After what felt like hours, she spoke. "And you went? Do you realize how foolish that was?!"

I lowered my head as I slumped my shoulders, relieved that she believed me. I nodded. "Yeah I know, it was reckless. But at least I survived."

"Yes, but there could've been a possibility where you would have been killed." She pointed out.

"If you didn't want to tell the Jedi Order, you could have at least told me. I would have gone with you." Jinx revealed.

I felt a pang of guilt at her words. "I'm sorry, Jinx. I should've asked for help."

Jinx let out a sigh. "It's all right. What's done is done. Just remember you aren't alone, Storm."

"Thanks Jinx, I'll remember that for next time." I replied.

Jinx gave me a warning look, and I let out a nervous laugh. "Don't worry, Jinx. You won't be getting rid of me that easily."

And with that, R3 and I entered my room, closing the door behind us. Once inside, R3 gave me a low beep as he shook his head. I raised my arms up. "Hey, I'll tell her the truth...eventually. Now stay here, I have some things to do."

R3 let out a few beeps, asking me what I had to do. I let out a sigh. "Like talk to the Jedi Council, I've got to sort this mess out."

Without letting R3 reply, I stormed out, making my way to the Jedi Council chambers. As soon as I entered the room, all the Jedi Masters turned to look at me. Holograms of Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin were standing in the middle of the room.

"Storm, what is the meaning of this?" Master Allie questioned.

"We are in the middle of a meeting." Master Windu stated.

"Forgive me, Masters. I was unaware." I apologized as I made my way towards the middle of room, standing next to Obi-Wan. "I merely wanted to give you this."

I then took out Vorlega's lightsaber, showing it to everyone in the room. Some of the Jedi Masters were confused when they saw the lightsaber.

"A lightsaber?" Master Ti asked.