Chapter 22: Fighting The Krayt Dragon

As soon as I landed, I ignited my yellow lightsaber. I scanned the area as I reached out to the Force, trying to find the dragon before it could find me. However it wasn't long until I found the giant Krayt dragon with gray scales with huge spikes on his back, huge fangs, and long claws and horns on its head. It was asleep by a small pond. I slowly made my way towards the dragon. However as I walked towards him, he began moving around. It wasn't long until he opened his eyes, spotting me right away. He let out a screech before getting up. 

I kept my ground as the dragon charged towards me. I raised my hand, using the Force to calm him down. However that didn't seem to work. Before his jaws could reach me, I leaped up onto his back. Before I could strike with my lightsaber, he flapped his wings, breaking out of his cave. I held on for dear life as we got out of the caves and back to the valley. I fell, landing in the river, but I unfortunately managed to hit some rocks, earning some scars wounds. I quickly climbed to my feet as the dragon let out a roar. I placed my hand on my belt, in search of my lightsaber, but it was not there.

I began to panic as I tried to search for it. The dragon began to charge towards me. I used the Force to bring my lightsaber back to me. Right before the dragon could release a ball of fire, I ran under his legs, grabbing my lightsaber, and slicing one of his legs. It let out a screech of pain as it turned around, limping on the leg I sliced.

Before I could move out of the way, one of its long claws managed to strike my right arm, cutting it. I yelled out in pain as I saw the horrible slash mark on my robes cut through into my skin. I stumbled back, nearly falling to the ground. The dragon returned, coming back at full speed. I quickly used the Force to push me off the ground and onto the dragon. I held on for dear life as I raised my lightsaber and struck his back. As the dragon moved around, I let my lightsaber cut his entire back, cutting through the scales. Once I landed back on the ground by the river, the dragon let out one last roar before collapsing to the ground, surrounded by his own blood. I let out a sigh as I stumbled back onto the ground. Once I fell to my knees, Nova, Mocax, and Areria rushed towards me with worried looks. The natives along with Vikor approached us. They wore looks of awe upon seeing the dragon.

"Are you all right?" Nova asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured her, wincing as I slowly climbed to my feet.

Areria gasped as soon as she saw the slash mark on my arm. "Master! You're bleeding."

I waved it off. "It's just a small cut, Areria. I'll be fine."

"With all due respect General, that wound needs to be tend right away." Mocax advised.

"We have healers in village who will be more than happy to help." Vikor informed us.

"Does this mean you trust us?" Nova inquired.

"That beast had terrorized the lower parts of our underground caves where the Blue Moon-herbs are found." Vikor explained. "Those were the only herbs on this planet that we use to heal our people, and unfortunately they grew underground. You have our thanks, Storm Ca'ana. We are eternally grateful. And most importantly we recognize your trust."

At his words, I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Chief Vikor. You will not regret this decision."

"I know I won't, my friend." He replied. "Now come. Let's get that arm of yours patched up."

With that we returned underground to the village, where we were greeted with cheers. As the healers patched up my wound, Mocax and Nova informed Kina, Gida, Tarom, and Thox what had happened. They were shocked and surprised to hear what had happened, but nevertheless asked the Republic for a rescue team to come in and escort the villagers out of the planet and onto another planet under Republic watch. They were happy though to use the shortcut of the valley, which would give us the upper hand to strike the Separatists, and retake the Capital.