Chapter 45: Into The Heart Of Separatist Space

After leaving the Senate Dome, I spoke up. "So that clone trooper you mentioned, he wouldn't happen to be Rex, would it?"

Areria immediately tensed up at my words. "Uh...yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh no reason at all. I only ask to remind you of the Jedi Code." I retorted.

Areria snorted. "That's ironic coming from you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"You and the Diktat, you say there's nothing going on but I can't help to wonder that there actually is something between the two of you." She shot back.

I felt my blood boil at her words. I clenched my fists until my knuckles were white.

"I'd be careful with your next words, Areria." I warned.

"Or what?" Areria challenged.

"Or I'll make sure Rex doesn't come with us. I'll ask Fives, Echo, Mocax, or another trooper to join us instead." I rebuked, causing Areria to shut her mouth. "Good. Now that we have that cleared up, let's meet Rex."

Areria's eyes widened. "What? Now?!"

I couldn't help but crack a smile, amused at her reaction. "Yes, this mission's urgent. We need to leave as soon as possible."

•••

After meeting Rex in Dex's diner, we made our way to the spaceport near the Senate Dome. There in the hangars of the spaceport, we met up with mom and Koltav. Once we were in the ship and out of the port, mom and Koltav discussed the plan to enter the planet.

"Dubrillion is under Separatist control, which means all ports will be heavily guarded with Separatist troops." Koltav explained.

Rex raised an eyebrow. "And how will we get in?"

"Koltav and I will take the lead. Meanwhile Storm, Padawan Skikea, and Captain Rex will disguise themselves as our handmaidens and as our guard." Mom explained.

"Are you sure this will work?" Areria asked as she glanced over at me.

"I trust in my mom and Koltav. And if they believe this will work, then I am confident we will get out in one piece." I mentioned.

"Don't worry, it'll work." Koltav assured her.

It wasn't long until Dubrillion was in sight. The planet looked beautiful from out in space. It was covered with clear pristine oceans and luscious green continents all scattered around the planet. We all looked at the planet in awe. Once we entered the atmosphere, we saw a spaceport near a forest filled with palm trees, eccentric plants that were wrapped around the trees and bombarded throughout the forest. There was a long track around the forest, making its way towards a land that appeared to be about a hundred acres.

That land had a giant palace which was adorned with gold along with colorful gems that covered the columns and archways. Not too far from the palace, there was a small town filled with buildings for what I later discovered consisted of businesses, restaurants, museums, a station, homes, and much more. And all around the town and the palace was a plethora of colorful trees with light pink leaves that one could see from miles, luscious lime green grass, and a pristine aqua blue river running through the land. About four hundred feet from that land, there were other landmasses all connected with tracks from the hovertrain. As soon as I landed the ship in the port, I turned to the others, who were in the cockpit with me. "Alright, here we go."

With that, Areria, Rex, and I changed our outfits in separate rooms. Areria wore a traditional Corellian handmaiden outfit, an emerald long robe covering her beige dress with golden designs towards the end of the dress, and black shoes. Meanwhile I wore the traditional Echani handmaiden clothing, which consisted of a light gray robe with a hood, a long sleeve light blue tunic under the robe, cream white pants with a belt, and black boots. Rex changed into the clothing of a Royal Corellian guard, wearing a silver helmet, a green robe over his white tunic adorned with golden buttons on the right side of his tunic, a belt around his waist, gray pants, and black boots. As soon as we left the ship, we were approached by two B1 battle droids armed with blasters. Areria and I did our best to cover ourselves with our hoods, looking at the ground.