Chapter 38: From Bad To Worse

"You know each other?" Sugi questioned, rather shocked.

"That's an underestimate." I retorted.

"Ha! Still humorous as ever, Ca'ana." Hondo commented as he placed an arm around my shoulders. "Of course we know each other. Tell them how far back we go, Kenobi."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He then placed his other hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder. Obi-Wan grimaced. "Too far, I'm afraid."

Hondo let out another laugh. "Ha! And I thought we were friends."

"If you're truly interested in friendship, Hondo, might I suggest you stop threatening these farmers?" Obi-Wan suggested as he gently took Hondo's hand off of his shoulder.

"Threatening them?" Hondo repeated rather baffled. He then finally lowered his arm from my shoulders. "Oh, please tell me you have not been listening to these bounty-hunting scum."

"Scum? We're just here to help them protect what's theirs." Sugi shot back.

"Oh, come, come, my dear. How much are they paying you?" Hondo asked before waving his hand. "Ba, ba! It does not matter. Whatever it is, I will double it. And all you have to do to earn it is step aside."

"We don't break deals." Sugi retorted.

At that moment, Hondo's men drew out their blasters, making the bounty hunters take out theirs, prepared to fight. Obi-Wan quickly intervened. "Steady, everyone."

Hondo then turned towards Tarom, Gida, Anakin, Ahsoka, Areria, Obi-Wan, and me. "What is your stake, anyway?"

"All we want is a ride to the nearest Republic outpost." Tarom informed him.

"And we are willing to pay you handsomely for it." I chimed in.

"Twice what you could make selling this crop." Obi-Wan added.

Hondo's eyes lit, becoming interested. "Well, now, how do you plan to pay me?"

"A funds transfer when we arrive." Obi-Wan explained.

"Republic credit?" Hondo repeated before shaking his head. "Tut. We've been over this before, Kenobi. My associates don't accept that currency."

"I'm offering a deal that benefits us all. Don't let your greed blind you to that fact." Obi-Wan advised.

"You know, I like you, Kenobi and you Ca'ana. But no one leaves this planet until I get my Sillum." Hondo warned.

"Then I hope you enjoy it here. Because you'll be staying a long time, parasite!" Sugi spat.

Hondo narrowed his eyes at Sugi. "You know, this crop has not been harvested."

Hondo then turned towards Casiss. "You better hurry, old man, before things start to die on you."

With that Hondo and his men left. Once they left, we returned to Casiss's home, going over the attack through a hologram. We can't intervene, but we can inform them of all we know.

"When the attack comes, it will come from two fronts. The forest to the south and the ridge to the north." Obi-Wan explained.

"Whatever you do, you must defend both sides." Tarom advised.

"But there are only four of them. How can four bounty hunters defend against so many?" Dilanni, one of the farmers, inquired.

Embo then shot back in Kyuzo that he was quite confident they were enough to fight off the pirates. Gida shook her head before she glanced over at Obi-Wan. "I agree with the farmers, Master Kenobi."